• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Putters] Which 2 Putters?

Which 2 (TWO) putters should I purchase???

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Is Zero Medium the best plastic for the Latitude 64 Pure as a putter?

Unfortunately I lost my first disc today...my favorite disc...the Zero Medium Pure in 174g!

Luckily I had already ordered a Pure in the Opto plastic but I'm only planning to use it off the tee on short straight holes or when I need a perfectly straight shot from the fairway (although the Comet you all talked me into getting worked perfectly for that shot today!!!). I would like to get a 2nd Pure to use only for putts.

Thanks!

TripleB

I would like to get a 2nd Pure to use only for putts.

TripleB

Of course my buddy says I should stick with the Opto Pure for everything but putting and move to a Warden for putting...says he never misses with his Warden :rolleyes:

TripleB

Is Zero Medium the best plastic for the Latitude 64 Pure as a putter?
TripleB

Of course my buddy says I should stick with the Opto Pure for everything but putting and move to a Warden for putting...says he never misses with his Warden :rolleyes:

TripleB

I personally prefer Zero Hard, which is the same as Classic and BT Hard. If Medium/Classic Blend is more to your liking, though, then that's the way you should go.

I love the Classic Warden, but if the Pure is putting well for you, get one in the level of firmness/softness that you like. The Pure is an awesome putting disc as well as throwing disc...

I personally prefer Zero Hard, which is the same as Classic and BT Hard. If Medium/Classic Blend is more to your liking, though, then that's the way you should go.

I love the Classic Warden, but if the Pure is putting well for you, get one in the level of firmness/softness that you like. The Pure is an awesome putting disc as well as throwing disc...

I've putted pretty well with the Pure but to be honest I'm a little nervous putting with it because of how well I know it glides. I don't really feel like I can be confident with an aggressive putt. Does the Warden offer a similar feel with less glide?

From the reviews I've read most people prefer the Warden in the Classic Blend. If I go with the Warden I'm thinking either the Classic Blend or the Classic Soft in a 175g/176g.

Thanks for the advice!!!

TripleB

I've putted pretty well with the Pure but to be honest I'm a little nervous putting with it because of how well I know it glides. I don't really feel like I can be confident with an aggressive putt. Does the Warden offer a similar feel with less glide?

From the reviews I've read most people prefer the Warden in the Classic Blend. If I go with the Warden I'm thinking either the Classic Blend or the Classic Soft in a 175g/176g.

Thanks for the advice!!!

TripleB

The Warden has a bit of glide, too. My Zero Hard Pure is flat on top, doesn't feel exactly like the Warden. As to the glide, practice will take care of a lot of issues, or else it will show you that you might want to try another putter mold.

It also does not matter what others like. If YOU like Classic Blend, go for it. If YOU like Classic (hard) or Classic Soft, go for it. I like firmer putters, such as Classic (hard), and that's just me. With putters, it's all about the individual choice.

Thanks for the advice!!!

TripleB

I have 3 Wardens, two in Lucid and a Classic Soft. The Lucid ones definitely have more glide. I haven't thrown the Classic Blend ones so I can't compare them.

I absolutely LOVE my colt xt for putting and approach. I really prefer the shallow rim. It seems like less of a transition from the rest of my bag which I feel is very important. Just my opinion...

Just a quick follow up on the Pure: has anyone compared the Zero Mega Soft, Zero Soft, and Zero Medium plastics in the Pure?

I currently have an Opto Line Pure that I use for everything except putting. I had a Zero Medium (prior to the Opto) that I used for everything until I grip locked it and threw it into a muddy stream. I would like to get a second Pure just for putting and am trying to decide whether to go with the Zero Medium again or go a bit softer since it's only going to be used for putting.

Thanks for any input!!!

TripleB

Just a quick follow up on the Pure: has anyone compared the Zero Mega Soft, Zero Soft, and Zero Medium plastics in the Pure?

I currently have an Opto Line Pure that I use for everything except putting. I had a Zero Medium (prior to the Opto) that I used for everything until I grip locked it and threw it into a muddy stream. I would like to get a second Pure just for putting and am trying to decide whether to go with the Zero Medium again or go a bit softer since it's only going to be used for putting.

Thanks for any input!!!

TripleB

Do you push or spin putt?

I primarily push putt and prefer the Classic (same as Zero Hard) for my Wardens. The Classic stiffness pops off my fingers better during the push.

I also bag a Classic Blend (same as Zero Medium) for the occasional spin putt. The Classic Blend has more grip allowing for more spin and control. Also sits well after a miss!

The Soft is a little too "floppy" for my putting styles. Any quick upward arm motion during the putting stroke seems to cause a fluttery release...

Mostly spin putt.

Tinkered a bit with push putts and found a touch more accuracy with push putts inside 20 feet but anything longer than that and I was all over the place. So I went back to spin putts.

I've tried the Opto for putts, and while I putt pretty well with it, to me it feels a bit too gummy to get a perfect release every time.

Thanks for the help!

TripleB

I putt with Pures and prefer the Mediums and Hard Zero plastic. The soft and mega soft tend to warp really fast and the warped plate doesnt inspire confidence for me. Usually go with Zero Hard for hot/warm months and then move to Zero Medium for the colder weather. My advice would be to avoid Soft/Mega Soft and stick to Medium and above.

My advice would be to avoid Soft/Mega Soft and stick to Medium and above.

Thanks for the advice...I thought that might be the case.

I really liked my Medium...seemed to have the right amount of tack for an easy release. When I bought it though I was looking to use it for everything - and since the Lat 64 website said the medium was for use with everything I went with it (and it even got a little warped pretty quickly after a few tree hits). Wasn't sure if since I was only putting with it now if I needed to go softer.

Again, I appreciate your input!!!

TripleB

Just use your hands to unwarp your medium Pure. It's all part of the tuning process.

Would love to do that but last week I threw a beautiful 200+ foot drive with it between 6 trees...unfortunately it landed in a 30 foot wide stream that was muddy and flowing quickly because of rains the night before. It is gone :\

TripleB

I primarily push putt and prefer the Classic (same as Zero Hard) for my Wardens. The Classic stiffness pops off my fingers better during the push.

I also bag a Classic Blend (same as Zero Medium) for the occasional spin putt. The Classic Blend has more grip allowing for more spin and control. Also sits well after a miss!

The Soft is a little too "floppy" for my putting styles. Any quick upward arm motion during the putting stroke seems to cause a fluttery release...

^^ Repeat everything here for me, substituting Classic & Classic Blend with Lucid. I do use a Classic Soft for approaches to sloped greens, or layup putts that I want to stick and not roll away.

Would love to do that but last week I threw a beautiful 200+ foot drive with it between 6 trees...unfortunately it landed in a 30 foot wide stream that was muddy and flowing quickly because of rains the night before. It is gone :\

TripleB

Welcome to the lost disc club. :doh: Time to replace that one. :thmbup:

I putt with Pures and prefer the Mediums and Hard Zero plastic. The soft and mega soft tend to warp really fast and the warped plate doesnt inspire confidence for me. Usually go with Zero Hard for hot/warm months and then move to Zero Medium for the colder weather. My advice would be to avoid Soft/Mega Soft and stick to Medium and above.

How big of difference is the grip between the hard and the medium?

Thanks!

TripleB

They are quite a bit different. The med has some give to it. The hard is very firm with very little give to the flight plate. The hard is also slicker feeling than the med.

Thanks for the information.

I better go with the Zero Line Medium again then.

Putted pretty well with the Aviar Classic today but it felt a bit slick...looking for something in between it and the feeling of my Opto Pure (which is a bit too 'sticky' for me to putt with).

Love the feel of my P2 Psycho in D-Line, just don't putt too well with it.

TripleB

Last edited:

Latest posts