• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Which arm do you carry your bag on?

Which shoulder do you carry your bag on?

• Same shoulder as throwing arm

Votes: 31 16.9%
  • Opposite shoulder as throwing arm

Votes: 41 22.4%
  • Both shoulders (backpack)

Votes: 95 51.9%
  • Other (specify)

Votes: 16 8.7%

• Total voters

Anatak

Bogey Member
Okay I am just wondering which arm you carry your bag on while you walk between holes, I carry it on my left shoulder to keep my right arm from getting tired also it takes the weight off of my right leg which is my bad leg.

So which shoulder do you carry your bag on and why?

Last edited:
Both - I use the Mystery Ranch Golf Mahal backpack. Most of the courses in my area are long and on rugged terrain. Having something ergonomic helps keep my back issues in check. It's also more comfortable than a shoulder bag.

both since i have quads but sometimes ill just hang it on my throwing shoulder walking from tee to tee or shot to shot if im being lazy

Quad straps, both shoulders all day.

BUT, if i'm only walking a short distance, I'll sling it over either shoulder.

both since i have quads but sometimes ill just hang it on my throwing shoulder walking from tee to tee or shot to shot if im being lazy

I came to post this exact thing. My throwing arm if I am lazy or walking a short distance, otherwise my quadstraps.

Same shoulder as throwing arm but messenger back style across my chest so the bag hangs on my left side but rests on right shoulder.

Throwing arm shoulder, that's where I naturally carry it. I try to carry it on opposite shoulder when I can(when I remember.) It doesn't affect my throwing even after 4 rounds but my back starts to hurt from the uneven load.

I have quads, but I said opposite, because during the hole, that's typically what I do.
I'll use both shoulders leaving the tee, or long walks between holes, but it's about 50/50 for me during the course of a round. Hardly ever just my throwing arm. I don't think I'm noticeably assymetrical.

I got quads but still sling it over my right on shorter walks.

Okay I am just wondering which arm you carry your bag on while you walk between holes, I carry it on my left shoulder to keep my right arm from getting tired also it takes the weight off of my right leg which is my bad leg.

So which shoulder do you carry your bag on and why?

I WANT to carry it with off arm, but always find myself carrying it incorrectly.

I have several bags, but, my main small bag I carry on my non-throwing side...always!! My quads go on both shoulders (obviously); however, if I just sling it on one shoulder it'll be the non-throwing side. Good question!!

I usually carry a small weekender bag and I carry it across my body. I put it over my right arm and then over my head so the strap sits on my left shoulder but the bag sits on my right side.

I use QuadShocks, but use only the right strap a lot of the time. I had a pair of Quads rip on the right strap because of this, but they replaced them because I had had them less than a year. Now I try to make more of an effort to use both straps. I'm sure its better for my back too.

Latest posts