• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Which course has the most total holes overall?

Winter Park has 27 holes and 18 additional unique holes we call our 'backward 18' that we play at the end of every season for our league ending. 45 'holes' on one course, to 28 unique pins.

The Warwick NY course has two tees and baskets AND a separate Wolfe Woods 18 for a total of 54 actual baskets.

So the main hourse has 4 layouts = 72 holes
plus the WW course, which has some alt. tees......... i'd say there's close to 100 holes that can be played at any time(no basket movement needed).

Ok I did a search through 'browse courses" and there is nothing listed for the options '45 and above' or '56 and above'. The 5 top (and only) results are:

Aspen Mountain Aspen, CO , 36 holes

Diamond X Billings, MT , 36 holes

Mt. Shasta Disc Golf Complex Mount Shasta, CA , 36 holes

Live Oak City Park Live Oak, TX , 38 holes

Phantom Falls Pine, CO , 38 holes

I know this is not the full list but just thought I would post it.

Counting holes and courses is tricky. What is a Course and what is a Complex? Will enough people play all 72 holes at Castle Rock in a certain order to consider it a Course?

I found 82 sets of course listings that seem to share a location and a landowner. Two examples: Codorus State Park and Tishomingo State Park. I don't think anyone would call all 63 holes at Codorus a Course – partly because 9 of the holes are mini disc golf holes.

On the other hand Mt. Shasta Disc Golf Complex is a single listing with 36 holes. But, Mt. Shasta (4 9-hole loops) calls itself a Complex, not a Course.

So, maybe the question is where can you play the most unique holes without driving? Or the most holes that are on the same scorecard? Or the most holes that a Tournament has ever called a Round?

If the question is: Where can you play the most holes in one day? (and you allow for 255 miles of driving) you could call the Minneapolis area one big 500 hole course. But, that's another thread.

Also, some listings are for "Winter setup" or other variations on the same holes.

Mason County Park near Ludington Michigan has Beauty 24 holes, Beast 24 Holes, and Goliath 24 holes for 72 holes in one park. With Leviathan just 5 miles up the road for another 24 holes.

It's not that tricky, internet people like to take simple things and make them tricky.

Here, Ill reword the question.

What SINGLE COURSE has the MOST HOLES played during ONE ROUND?

Jeez, guys.

Now that the question has been simplified and the internet people can't be nerds about the question, Ill add my (previously mentioned) 2 cents:

Diamond X is a DGCR 36 hole course, so that would be my "most holes course" I have ever played.
Of course, AT Diamond X, it is two separately numbered courses. I think it should be two courses on this site, but then again I kinda don't because I already wrote two separate but equal reviews for it.

That being said 27 hole courses are the longest 'single' courses I have played, those being Waller Pines & Sky High DGC, both here is Southern California.

Easy answer, from Highbridges website "The layout for Highbridge Hills disc golf courses is spread out over 300 acres. Upon completion, ten courses will dot the country side, 180 holes total. "

Can't speak for highbridge till later in the year but lemon lake is easily the best course I've been to, in my humble opinion.

:thmbup:

It's not that tricky, internet people like to take simple things and make them tricky.

Jeez, guys.

Now that's a good question.

So well-defined that the only possible answer I can give is the non-discussion stimulating: "I don't know."

Winter Park has 27 holes and 18 additional unique holes we call our 'backward 18' that we play at the end of every season for our league ending. 45 'holes' on one course, to 28 unique pins.

Holes can be defined as seperate baskets too! Winter Park has 27 holes period!

Using someone else's logic Kops park can ha\/e 142 holes with only 2 baskets as the tee areas can be legitimized by statistical differentiation!

I'll say it again Li\/e Oak City Park in Li\/e Oak Texas has 38 unique holes with 38 unique baskets and they are all on one course.

I think simple logic comes into play here that if an 18 hole course goes in and then later another 18 hole course goes in and they are numbered and routed accordingly . . .that is not 1 course that is two 18 hole courses, but if an 18 hole course goes in and then they add 18 additional holes that are numbered accordingly and flow well with the original course will make one course . . . wait why am I arguing logic with people on a disc golf forum!

Last edited:
Now that's a good question.

So well-defined that the only possible answer I can give is the non-discussion stimulating: "I don't know."

DGCR needs a like button like Facebook!

Yeah, Lemon Lake is just 4 courses. To say it's a course with 72 holes is ridiculous. :rolleyes:

Looks like your answer was the best, Wally!

I played Fort Steilacoom Park, in Washington state at dusk and only got in about 12-15 holes with a couple of locals. They claimed there were 54 holes there.?

Edit: Reviews seem to back this up (may even be 72!!!)...sort of...

Last edited:

Jeez, guys.

Wait does it count to be a "part" of the same course if you need to hop into your car and dri\/e under 10 minutes???

Wait does it count to be a "part" of the same course if you need to hop into your car and dri\/e under 10 minutes???

Depends, there's a half mile drive between the front and back nine at Sioux Passage and it still feels like one single course.

Latest posts