• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Which found disc surprised you and went in your bag?

rowdyray

So about three months ago, I found a Champion Daedelus (without name or number) at my local course. I threw it a little at first but wasn't really impressed. Three months later; it has become a permanent fixture in my bag and one of my most consistent discs. So which disc that you have found went in your bag and became a go to disc?

I was a Teebird guy for years.

Then I found a Stag at Hornings. Threw it a couple times and it was fantastic. I allied the guy and gave it back to him. But then at PIAS I found a VIP for only $7 it was inked but like new in every other way.

On the way home I scrubbed of the ink with some old news paper(only works on OPto not sure why) and was hooked. Within two months I had an ace with it and had learned to throw it really well, even better than my Teebirds.

Now if Innova wanted me to only throw their discs for some reason... I could be persuaded to go back. But otherwise I'm really digging my Stags. Had three so far about a year and a half later.

I had the fortunate and misfortune of finding a pristine tie-dyed champion Orc, for which the owner could not be found, and which flies very sweetly for me. So I throw it a lot.

But my plea for the next person who loses a disc that fits my game is, Please don't lose a tie-dyed disc.

Or, considering the fact that the tie-dye contributed to his losing it, Please ink your tie-dyes, and leave your 9/10 condition, brightly colored discs unmarked. Thanks.

I had the fortunate and misfortune of finding a pristine tie-dyed champion Orc, for which the owner could not be found, and which flies very sweetly for me. So I throw it a lot.

But my plea for the next person who loses a disc that fits my game is, Please don't lose a tie-dyed disc.

Or, considering the fact that the tie-dye contributed to his losing it, Please ink your tie-dyes, and leave your 9/10 condition, brightly colored discs unmarked. Thanks.

I also found an unmarked champ orc once. (not tye dye though) it became my go-to water disc for a long time and had many successful crossings. eventually a time came in which it did not make it. never thought to buy another orc though, maybe i should

I found a Lightning Prostyle F2 years ago that I bagged for a couple months until I found a new one on sale for like $5. I've since given them both away, b/c they are great beginner drivers, but it's still the easiest distance I've ever gotten out of a disc.

Found a hot pink FLX Avenger a few years back, nicely beat in. It's been a mainstay in my bag for anny shots ever since.

The first buzz I threw was a found disc. Returned it and bought one. The Roc now lives in the garage.

Several examples:
1) Champ Katana, 175, no ink, which had been sitting in mud for who knows how long. I would never have purchased a Katana, but this now has my name and number, and might be my farthest flying disc. I can see how it was lost, as it frequently misbehaves and turns too much or fades too much. Especially in mild winds...
2) Champ Groove, 175, no ink. Found this 25 feet up in a tree, and certainly regretted the climb. I never inked it, but this became a great water disc, until I successfully threw it in the water a few weeks ago. I wasn't too sad to lose it, but as the only Groove I've ever thrown, I can see how some people like these things. This one flew like a well worn champ Boss.

Found an older run Elite Z XL in a creek several months into picking up the game, it was the first long disc that I could throw straight and really helped me with my overall skills. I loved it so I decided to buy a few more just in case I ever lost it but they only had the current runs and they didn't fly the same. Ended up trading it to a local that only throws old school discraft.

Found an ESP Surge in 2012, bagged it for a year, then I too lost it. Surges seem to be similar to Wraiths. I like both, may try another one day

10x KC Roc. Pretty someone threw it into the woods purposely, in plain sight. The flight plate was cracked from rim to rim. It still flew beautifully till that fateful day the rim finally gave out.

Found an un-marked JLS several years ago. Bagged it for a while as it was great at my 280' ish distance at the time as it held any line for me, just not max distance. I thought I outgrew it and didn't bag it for several years. Just got it out again and am loving the hyzer flip lines it lets me hit. Just a totally different disc for me now, but very useful.

The biggest effect it had on my game, though, was that it got me interested in Millennium discs. It led me to the OLF which has been my primay driver for several years now. :)

DavidSauls: I had the fortunate and misfortune of finding a pristine tie-dyed champion Orc[.]

I, too, found a tie-dyed Orc one time. I threw it a few times and liked it, but this was back when I couldn't even throw 300'. Returned it to the course lost and found after buying a bunch of Trilogy molds.

Found a beautiful pfn champ leopard super bright green laying on the table at hole 1. I turn it over to look for name/number and behold it's mine! I was very pleased to find my ol buddy still in great shape!

This is a walk down memory lane... but back in 2005 I found some kind of custom-dyed, or club-stamped, Z Reaper with no ink. It was already in a nice stage of wear and became my go-to forehand disc until I, too, lost it. It was an unfortunate clear color in between white and yellow, and disappeared perfectly in dead summer grass.

I also have a Z Predator which I also found back then. Someone else had already done a decent job beating it up, and I'm proud to say this disc is still a regular thrower. Beat-up Z versions of overstable discs like Reaper/Predator are a beautiful thing!

Around the same time, my brother found a DX Leopard, and he recently gave it to me. I don't bag it, as it would be more of a roller disc, but it's my wife's favorite. She's tried a Diamond and a Stratus, but that Leopard is perfect.

Just found a C-line CD2 a few days ago and decided to throw it. If I ever lose my star swirl thunderbirds I know exactly what to replace them with.

Found numerous discs marked and unmarked that I would put in the bag, except I didn't, because i'm an honest person and its not my property.

Found an unmarked Champion Archon. I normally don't carry anything with a rim wider than 1.9cm, but gave this a try just for the fun of it. So far I have two casual aces with it (310' & 290') both hyzer shots. Nevertheless, I normally do not use it much as I have to work on my release angles for those high speed drivers.

found a lat 64 diamond. mostly use innova stuff. the thing glides straight forever for me and I birdied a hole this morning I never had before.

Latest posts