• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Which UDisc Scoring Method do you use most?

What UDisc Scoring Methods Do You Use?

• No Tracking

Votes: 9 15.5%
  • Scores Only

Votes: 34 58.6%
  • Full Stats

Votes: 18 31.0%
  • Track after Each Throw

Votes: 4 6.9%
  • Map Scoring

Votes: 2 3.4%

• Total voters

gwsmallwood

Birdie Member
Just curious about what everyone uses.

Do you ignore scoring completely and just go out and enjoy the round?

Do you stick with scores only? This is what I typically use because it's the quickest and easiest.

Do you score with full stats to track your progress in certain areas of the game?

How many of you score after each throw vs after each hole?

Are a lot of people using the map scoring mode?

I like the idea behind full stat tracking and the map mode to get an idea of drive distances, upshot accuracy, putting proficiency, OB / Hazard / Missed Mando, etc. That way I know what I need to work on the most to get significant improvements in my scores. It just seems like it would slow things way down and disrupt the rythym of the round.

What do you guys/gals do?

If I use UDisc (which I don't at my home course because i have no real problem keeping score there and I'm usually just keeping it relative to who I'm competing against "I'm up 1, you're up 2, etc") then I just use it for scores. Maybe if I was finishing rounds and thinking to myself "I have no idea what I should work on as a player" i might use more tracking. That's not me though, I know what I need to work on. I also have a very good memory, I won't have a problem recounting my round over the next week and analyzing it if I need to.

I do full stats but I don't do it after every throw. Every hole or two if solo. End of every hole with a group, but with stats just for me.

I use full stats and map mode if available. I even do full stats for my buddies. I like to see who had the best putting percentages. I like map mode because it allows you to more accurately input putting distances

If I'm only keeping my own score, I do full stats. I like to track my C1X especially. (Is there a way to see overall C1X or see it tracked over time, or average?)

If I'm keeping score for the whole group, I do scores only.

I'd like to do full stats, but I don't. I have depth perception issues and have no clue if I'm in C1, C2 or wherever. Maybe uDisc figures that out for you now, but it didn't in the past and I haven't looked at full stats recently.

Also, full stats takes longer....

I WAS using my watch and keeping basic score, but then my sub expired and I went back to using the DGCR app on my phone.

hint - if you use the DGCR app while course bagging, it automagically marks new courses as played

completely ignore and enjoy rounds

This, unless I need a map.

Very occasionally, if I play the first couple-three holes well, I will decide to keep score. Completely biases my recorded rounds, of course. :rolleyes:

hint - if you use the DGCR app while course bagging, it automagically marks new courses as played

^ Pro tip

I use birdie beads.. Haha if I'm playing solo I usually play one colour or set of discs against another and then just keep track of which one is winning

I don't use it at all, but frequently play with someone who uses it to keep score for the group. That's on the traditional, at-the-end-of-each-hole style.

Personally, I don't need stats tracking my mistakes, to tell me what I need to work on. I have little emotional scars for that purpose.

Like Moose, I keep full stats for myself only, scoring at the end of every one or two holes. The stats are kinda nice to have a record of, but just as importantly for me, seeing how I played a hole can be a quick reference to help recall which hole is which number when reviewing a course.

I do full stats for myself for every round I play. If I am just playing with one other person I will do full stats for them but I generally just do full stats for myself and scores for everybody else.

Is anybody actually getting usable data out of the map mode. I tried it for a few weeks but it seemed kinda useless. There wasn't a way to compile the data and get something useful out of it. Plus if the baskets aren't in the correct positions then I think you were kinda screwed. Maybe I used it wrong but I couldn't get much out of it.

I tried using Udisc for scoring last summer for a few rounds, but found it to be an interruption to flow, and I play my best when the flow is good. I only use it for navigation on a new course, rate the course but I never leave a comment, and I'll give a course conditions update.

I would love to use the map/track after each throw feature, but that would be a bigger interruption that just keeping score.

I use Udisc for scorekeeping in rounds where I am betting with my friends (pretty much every round) and the course is not a simple par 3 layout (very few of what we play are at this point)- saves time on having to go back and figure out where everyone is. I could not care less about stats, etc.

If I'm only keeping my own score, I do full stats. I like to track my C1X especially. (Is there a way to see overall C1X or see it tracked over time, or average?)

If I'm keeping score for the whole group, I do scores only.

If you go to the "Profile" tab you can see your putting percentages broken down by year, last 20 rounds, or last 5 rounds.

I use an erasable scorecard cut to fit the inside of an old beat up disc, pencil in my score (and or a note) after each hole, and, when I check in on dgcr later in the day, I take about 60 seconds to enter the round in the scorebook here. Been doing that now for 10+ years, resulting in the most obsessive dgcr member title :) See no particular attraction to Udisc, but don't mind if someone on my card also uses that or the pdga app. Nice to confirm the score that way.

Latest posts