• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Which would you prefer for a saturday? Ace Race or 3- 4.0 rated courses

Ace Race Or 3- 4.0 rated courses

• Ace race!

Votes: 25 34.2%
  • 3- 4.0 rated courses

Votes: 48 65.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Nathanbr2

Birdie Member
Debating what to do in the morning.

Drive 3.5 hours for an ace race (never been a part of one-last chance this year) at a unplayed course

or drive 2 Hours, and play 3 seperate 4.0 rated courses in the same day. (2 of which i've yet to play)

Problem is, they're in 2 different directions...so it's one or the other :doh:

so i figured it'd be fun to see what Dgcr members thought about it :hfive: and go with the majority

I know what I'm doing... and it doesn't involve paying, waiting, and short tees! ;)

I think for me it would be comparing how rare each opportunity is going to be. If I'm not going to be able to play these 2 unplayed courses again soon, i'd go for the courses. The ace race is only going to be there once though, so if I will probably have the opportunity to play these 3 courses over the next few months, i might go for the ace race. i always love a large event and an opportunity to meet people that love the same thing I do, disc golf.

I think for me it would be comparing how rare each opportunity is going to be. If I'm not going to be able to play these 2 unplayed courses again soon, i'd go for the courses. The ace race is only going to be there once though, so if I will probably have the opportunity to play these 3 courses over the next few months, i might go for the ace race. i always love a large event and an opportunity to meet people that love the same thing I do, disc golf.

next chance on the unplayed courses will probably be december(ish)

Ace Race for sure. The disc is great this year, and if you've never done one before they're a TON of fun.

Plus, like Martin said, you can play those courses anytime. Ace Race only comes once per year, and it's never the same disc so it's never the exact same experience.

Ace race now, courses in Dec.

Ace races tend to also use a modified course that you have never played... so you will still never have played the course. But drive 3.5 hours pay 25 and get 2 discs and a bag + possibly great experience and winning more discs or prizes while meeting a bunch of other people that love the same thing you do.

I would vote for the courses personally. I played in one back in Sept, and I had more fun playing doubles after the event than I did in the Ace Race. My bags strap broke mid 1st round, and I wasn't a fan of the Pro D disc personally. Either way you look at it you are still getting to play, so you can't go wrong.

Courses for sure. Unless u wanna play putt putt golf at an ace race.
I love playin new courses, im playin a tourney tomoro at Bluegill DGC in michigan. Goin in blind on this one but it should be fun. The course is rated 4.8 on this site. Excited face

Ace race is ok, but too short. The holes are too short because they think nobody can throw a putter and the event itself is over pretty quick too. I'd go with new to you courses.

Some people are sippin' on some major haterade for the ace race. Looks like some people whiffed on the scorecard in their last event :p

i would do the ace race. I have really enjoyed the ace races I have attended. Just make sure you are able to get a spot so you don't waste a day trip.

I don't dislike the ace race, but I never pass up the opportunity to play a new course that even might be sweet. If you are going to play 2 new courses that are rated above 4.0 --- I'd jump at that. Add to that one that you know is great. No question I'd play the 4.0 rated courses.