• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Whiny Pros

Gotta remember though - those ams are only losing out on plastic, the pros lose out on some cash....I personally think if your whining and deflecting responsibility for your poor play, you need to practice more an shutup regardless of your division.

I agree. I find the best players around me get pissy when the play poorly.

Good players expect a lot from themselves. As they should.

Bitch away my friends, cause if you don't think you should have made every shot you miss you just don't have that edge.

Come to Maine, we pay cash to AMs.

I agree to an extent with the OP. I know a few top pro's that in their mind they are never at fault for any type of mistake/bad throw. So to protect their psyche, it has to be the fault of someone else or something else.

Whine or not, sometimes it's a guilty pleasure to see some pros throw terrible rounds. Makes you feel like you're not that bad...

Watching the 2011 European Open footage Round 3, part 1 and Avery Jenkins is having some really bad throws. I think it was the Round 2 footage where Eric McCabe totally fell apart.

i'm no pro, but even if i whine when i'm doing poorly thats where it ends. i've played with people that yell loudly and have seen them kick their bags in frustration.

what i think is the worst attitude is leaving in the middle of a round or tournament. what are you proving? that you can quit? why not prove that you can come back and keep your cool?

I've been known to throw one of my discs at trees in rage(lapants has seen this), but I haven't done that in a while. Nor do I ever plan on doing it again, I just gotta keep remembering that this is just a game and I'm out on the course to have fun.

now that I'm working full time again and have a young child, I can only get out to play once a week or so. I've found that my personal expectations are less on performing well and more on enjoying my limited time on the course. When people whine around me, I don't want to play with them any more. Whining: it ain't just for top pros...

i prefer to think of it as bitching rather than whining.

is that avatar from your symbionese liberation army days?

I tried thinking of a serious response, but since the OP can not by any means be serious, why bother.

I actually was trying to make a point regarding preservation of confidence. But it's ok if you don't make a point no one takes the Swiss seriously anyway.

Funny thing you say about the swiss, here in europe it's kinda the other way around :p

And preservation of confidence comes from putting in alot of time and knowing how hard you trained. From knowing your abilities and your limits and not expecting too much and setting yourself up to be disapointed. I think statisticians make great golfers.

No mindgames or douche moves needet.

But it's ok if you don't make a point no one takes the Swiss seriously anyway.

Ignorance runs deep. This is typical response I'd expect from the stereotypical American that thinks the Universe is their belly button. Sorry, Opto, but that was a pretty lame statement.

Ignorance runs deep. This is typical response I'd expect from the stereotypical American that thinks the Universe is their belly button. Sorry, Opto, but that was a pretty lame statement.

yeah i think it was gentle sarcasm but thanks for the SeriousPost

I like seeing the pros completely choke. It reminds me that I'm not all that far away from being able to compete on that level. Most highlight shows or clips you see are perfect rounds, it helps keep it in perspective. It makes me want to go out there and keep tossing my Buzzz's in the middle of the winter. It makes me want to putt until I can'y feel my fingers anymore.

There is also a large difference between being whiny/bitchy and innapropriate. Like tossing your equioment all over the place. That is rude. That makes you look like a baby. Nikko himself told me no one wants to sponsor him because he's an ******* on the course. (his words, not mine)

So I see a difference between a burst of F bombs from Avery and disc stomping from Nikko.

Anger directed only at yourself and limited to verbal tirades it completely ok with me.

This thread has taught me that no one in the world has a sense of humor...including the Swiss.

I suppose I am the stereotypical american stereotyping everyone else in the world....wait that doesn't make sense.....

I am sorry I tried to make a lighthearted post about how some top players might preserve their psyche during a difficult round......I apologize to Mr. Dave Feldberg, Mr. Nikko Locastro, and Mr. Ken Cimo....I agree that whenever a touring pro thinks a tree or a leaf got in the way it's a course design issue and the work of a bad designer. I agree that every touring pro should birdie every hole and if they don't there must be someone or something else to blame than their performance....these are touring pros they are perfect....I also apologize to Smiggles and all the Swatch wearing yodelers everywhere from the bottom of my self centered belly button.