• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Who been given discs?

This has been a surreal weekend....

Earlier in the week I read this thread for the first time and never have I been given a disc.

Yesterday I was given this one...

picture.php

Today I played an early round at Green County DG and this evening I was bored so I went to Pratt just to throw drives. As I was throwing my last set a couple was walking up from 18. I can't remember his name but he was super excited.

He pulls out his cell phone and shows me the pic of his Ace on #14. Since his wife was there he had a witness. He was about my age and I was telling him how I had just come back after some years not playing and his wife walked up and handed me this Innova Eagle.

picture.php

So I have been given 2 discs on 2 days by people I have never met before. This must be the karma payback for changing the tire of an elderly woman downtown Fredericksburg the other day.

I played with a guy yesterday who turned out to be sponsored by Vibram. After the round he gave me a Trek. Tried it out multiple times in a field today and it performs exactly like my 11x Champ Eagle-X and 12x Champ Eagle-L. It's got great grip and it's a solid disc, although it looks like a pencil eraser!

my friend and i played with an older guy a couple weekends ago, and he had some old discs in his bag like a 4 chain soft magnet, and a couple extremes and an mrv and stuff like that nothing past a 8 speed, so i gave him this beat up star wraith i found (no name or #) because he was throwing it fairly well, and my friend lost his dx eagle in the drink at our local course so he gave him a dx eagle and gave away one of his 4 chains (his reason was because he had 5 of them and didnt need that many) my friend has both of them

have donated a couple to kids, paid with plastic in lieu of gas to others (not really a giveaway i guess).

buddy i started out playing with gave me a couple as well since he felt sorry for my lack of plastic.

unless you count discs in players packs given as a reward for volunteering, i'm still ahead (barely) on the giving/receiving scale. (if you count the discs i've returned, someone owes me a bag's worth :) )

i was playing a course in Provo, Utah called Art Dye and came across this guy who had a few discs in his back pack we decided to play after his partner was a no show. we were putting on the first basket and i noticed that he putted with a driver, i said i have a pig in the back of my truck, he was stoked he was ranting about how his buddy has one and he loved it!He ran back to my truck and grabbed the not so liked pig. Eight months later I was playing a course in Cottage grove, OR with Weaktit and our dogs were chasing around and ran by a disc golfer who was looking down listening to head phones as he looked up he screamed and recognized my dog and started yelling my name, I had no idea who it was then he said Utah and pulled out the pig.
Weaktit has given me a Chains Aviar putter!

Local guy gave me a bottom stamp destroyer,threw some killer overhands including my only eagle chance at 18 at the local course via two of them,threw out my arm and stopped using it since :).

Frank D gave me a DGR Roc on the night of my first Middle Creek Doubles.

I check the used bins for Leopards and Stingrays all the time. I facilitate a church small group with a good friend. The kids in the group got us both started in DG. When a kid wants to join the group for a round, I make sure he leaves with a disc.

Figure I'd start a thread about those strange times when you've been given a disc.

The first time I've had this good luck was in Janesville, WI at Lustig. A buddy and I were walking up to tee off when a van stops. It's an older gentleman who said he lives nearby,

At that point you should have been running away yelling "STRANGER DANGER!, STRANGER DANGER!" I'm just trying to keep you safe.
Did he offer candy as well?

Latest posts