• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Who do you learn from?

jesus

Par Member
I am pretty damn lucky, I get to learn from a world champ. What about you?

...but can he coach? :p

I learned from the members of the Higher Flyers Disc Golf Club in Huntington Beach. Big dog drives and overstable discs all the way!

I've learned the most from posting questions on this message board. My friends that are good aren't really "teachers."

well i would say most of my stuff that i have learned is from watching discraft clinics, watching the Dan Beto video, and getting advice online from seasoned disc golfers then adjusting it to fit my needs.

it really does help just studying the pros...take some mental notes the next time a major event rolls through your local course and watch your game elevate!

From YOU DAD!

I learned it by watching YOU!

(anyone remember that commercial?)

From screwing around and looking for help everywhere. From myself, ultimate buddies, here, random articles. watching vids, etc...

I learned of the sport from my friends, and plateaued early. It wasn't until I was randonly paired with a former world camp (senior division, but still) at a local doubles and we won it all. There wasn't many out that day so open and ams were combined. He was giving me pointers and tips the whole round that I still use today. Beyond that I use these forums, disc golf reveiw and youtube.

My friend lied to me! Who pulls a rope across the chest?! I just got the Internet so it's on now!!!!

I make a circle of stones in the middle of a field and within the circle I sit, cross legged, with my bag of discs, while burning the secret scents of the ancients which unlock the portals between the mind and the other world where I commune with Dormammu and Vishnu in order to achieve the perfect balance between mind, spirit and equipment. My discs are blessed in the blood of the Hoary Hoggoth and I sing the songs of Billy Idol in the style of Woody Guthrie and dance the dance of the Running Robot until my chakra has been restored to one of the base colors...and repeat...

I've tried that too, except I sing Billy Joel songs. Nothing gets my chakra back into tip top shape better than belting out some uptown girl.

I make a circle of stones in the middle of a field and within the circle I sit, cross legged, with my bag of discs, while burning the secret scents of the ancients which unlock the portals between the mind and the other world where I commune with Dormammu and Vishnu in order to achieve the perfect balance between mind, spirit and equipment. My discs are blessed in the blood of the Hoary Hoggoth and I sing the songs of Billy Idol in the style of Woody Guthrie and dance the dance of the Running Robot until my chakra has been restored to one of the base colors...and repeat...

I've come across that scent a few times on the course. Once, my kids were with me and I had to hold them up until the guys in front of us chakra apparently had been fully restored to one of the base colors and they moved on...

Latest posts