• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Who has the longest drive to get to a dg course?

The true question is how far have you traveled to play one particular course!!

Last year I drove from Philly to Flip City DGC, stopping in Pittsburgh and South Bend,IN to play courses along the way, over 800 miles and 2 courses before Flip City!

I think I could throw a disc from my front yard to the park where the closest course is so I definitely do not win.

A guy I know has to drive from Portsmouth OH to get to that park (it is closest to his house) 31 miles....takes about 40 minutes for him to get there.

That's me ;) According to the map on this site, Armco Park is 25 miles (but it takes all of 40 minutes to get there). Next closest is Pike Lake at 33 miles, then Rotary Park/Indian Rock at 36.

Farthest I've ever gone to play would arguably be the trip to Blue Angel Park in Pensacola, FL. I didn't actually go there for that reason (my Mom lives about fifteen minutes from the course, and we were there to visit her). That's a 13 hour trip one way.

The point on earth that is farthest from any disc golf course is at -24.38917 , -124.29836.

It is 3,482 miles from each of these courses:
Alfred Cox Park, Gisborne, New Zealand
Loreto's Jungle, Puebla, Mexico
Incapuquio Golf Club, Toquepala, Peru

The closest land is a tiny island about 36 miles away.

I think the nearest settlement is Adamstown, Pitcairn Islands.

12 Miles to Sylmar and about the same to Verdugo Hills. This equates to 1hr by bus for sylmar and 1.5hrs by 3 busses plus a mile of walking for Verdugo.

It takes me at least an hour or an hour and a half to get to my closest course.

This weekend, I'm traveling 7 hours via train to play some new and unreviewed courses. :)

I've got a 9 hole and an 18 hole both about 5 min away. A private one about 15, and another 4 or 5 within 30 minutes.

9 private courses within 15 minutes of my place with a low $$ league every night of the week. 1/2 hour to Saturdays public league, 15 mins to Sundays public league. Yeah, I'm spoiled. Move to Livingston County Michigan!!!

I just moved to the west side of Colorado Springs and its 25 minute to the closest course. I miss Austin!!!!!!!!

As of right now, I only have to drive 5 minutes to get to a course. But in three weeks, I will have to drive 30 minutes to reach a dinky nine hole college course, or at least an hour and a half to reach any substantial courses... Luckily I have my portable basket to maybe set up some private safari in a park somewhere.