• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Who is the next star in disc golf?

If you all forgot those of us who said Eagle is the next big thing and are watching GBO coverage, here is a reminder, he has the skills and is still progressing as fast as you expect a 17 year old to be.

If you all forgot those of us who said Eagle is the next big thing and are watching GBO coverage, here is a reminder, he has the skills and is still progressing as fast as you expect a 17 year old to be.

Yes, Eagle had himself a little coming out party at GBO and anyone who follows disc golf now knows about him. Woo Hoo! Eagle is a great kid and I am blessed to know him and get beat by him regularly. Wish I would have shot a few strokes better at Pendaries so I could have said I beat Eagle the weekend before his big entrance to the world of disc golf stardom.

I got a chance to talk with Eagle at Pendaries about his game. He is learning to throw left handed right now. Been working on it about a month. He sees the forehand motion as a more damaging motion and wants to be able to throw lefty as well as he does righty so he can keep his game at the top longer. He still threw some big forehands at GBO but look for that to be a thing of the past. Even though he was still crushing his lefty shots I think he is probably a ways out from being consistent enough to use it is a tournament. Impressive still for the short time he has been working on it.

Eagle is a great kid and I am blessed to know him and get beat by him regularly.

I know what you mean. My last chance to beat him was in the Match Play Final, Sadly he didn't beat me as much as I gave it up in the last few holes. I actually was up one going into our 15th hole of match play. I lost on hole 17.

Since the OP was talking about up and coming amateurs I'll go with DJ Baldwin. Just turned 17 and first player I've played with on an AM card that has over 500' of on-course distance. Watched him throw to the top of the hill on the Toboggan course #13 at USADGC and plays fearless.

Could it be Randon Latta? Only 17 and he finished 32nd at the recent pro worlds. Local kid from FL. He was already better than me when he was 14.

http://www.pdga.com/player/51685

Latest posts