• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Who to use for online tournament registration

discflyer1

Thoughts and opinions on Disc Golf United versus Disc Golf Scene for online registration for a tournament.

Go...........

DGU has a points system that you can use for payouts if so inclined. You can use the points to buy discs from the innova factory store. Other than that the two sites aren't much different.

Last edited:
Don't care, no preference from a player perspective. Both sights work fine

DGS has a comment board. DGS is used nearly exclusively in Michigan. The comment board is an invaluable place for questions, updates and discussions on the tournament, course, pools, divisions and more. DGS was a fantastic source of information throughout am worlds.

Lots of local TD's around here are using DGS as of late. Haven't seen any use DGU in awhile.

From a player perspective I like DGS more. Just seems like they put more work into their website and I'm not entirely crazy about come and go "we'll take your money" sites. DGS has a bit more of a professional feel and I agree with an above poster, the comments section is a great feature.

As a TD, I like having the $ in real time through Disc Golf Scene. The UI isn't bad and it's easy for me to manage all aspects of my tournament. I used to set up my own PayPal process on the tournament websites, but there was too much manual work required. DGS made all that pain go away.

As a TD, I like having the $ in real time through Disc Golf Scene. The UI isn't bad and it's easy for me to manage all aspects of my tournament. I used to set up my own PayPal process on the tournament websites, but there was too much manual work required. DGS made all that pain go away.

Bolded is bingo IMO. I have a web store to run my own registration through, but if I didn't have that, Disc Golf Scene is where I'd go. The ability to tie it directly to the PDGA tournament listing so there's a direct link from the listing is nice, and the option to auto-update the PDGA registration list is huge.

I use DGU for all my tournaments, I've signed up to other tournaments with DGS before and both seem to work just fine.

In my experience using DGU, I like that they can direct deposit the funds directly into my bank account, if I'm ordering discs from Innova I can use the money to pay for the discs without any back and forth, and the thing I like most is they're great with customer service.

Maybe DGS is the same, I haven't worked with them to know.

As a TD I prefer DGS, but have tried both. DGS has a bunch of little features that help make the life of a TD a little bit easier.

Thanks guys.

D.G.S. It is.

look for Foundatin Park's "C" tier (we're in southern Illinois)

September 19th

see ya

Jeff

Latest posts