• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Who would you like to see win World's 09'?

We will have to wait and see. This is going to be one of the most highly contested World Championships in years.

I am more then ready for this years Worlds!

Aviar7495 said:
We will have to wait and see. This is going to be one of the most highly contested World Championships in years.

So did you vote for yourself? :wink:

swan said:
Aviar7495 said:

So did you vote for yourself? :wink:

He better have, or else he may not have the confidence in himself needed to win Worlds :D

I would like to see the disc manufacturers be more competitive, so I voted for Nikko. I don't think he is the classiest person, but seeing a Gateway sponsored player win Worlds would be good for GDS. AFAIK, they are a very distant 3rd behind Discraft and Innova in sales, and closer competition means that manufacturers have to innovate more to win your dollars.

As for individuals on that list without regard to their sponsors, there are quite a few that I would be happy to see take home a Worlds title.

Parks said:
AFAIK, they are a very distant 3rd behind Discraft and Innova in sales,

I'd like to know what % of their sales is Wizards alone.

another write in for Mike Randolph. if he doesn't win, then Avery should get his. the courses are tentatively set for KC Worlds and it looks like the big guns could have an advantage. cliff drive x2, rosedale x2, waterworks x1, and blue valley x1 with the finals also at blue valley. it's gonna be a showdown!!!

I'd like to see Avery win. If not him then I'd like to see one of the Gateway guys just for a change of pace. Nikko did really well last season and he's close enough to KC to get in a lot of practice time - I think he has a good shot.

JCT said:
another write in for Mike Randolph. if he doesn't win, then Avery should get his. the courses are tentatively set for KC Worlds and it looks like the big guns could have an advantage. cliff drive x2, rosedale x2, waterworks x1, and blue valley x1 with the finals also at blue valley. it's gonna be a showdown!!!

Is that the Pro schedule? I thought we were playing WYCO one round and I didn't think we would be plating Cliff more than once. 2 Rose 2 WW 1 Cliff 1 BV would be nice.

Pros expressed a lot of dislike when asked about playing WyCo in Michigan this past year. As far as I know (and what I know is subject to change), the K7 Corridor (WyCo, Black Hoof, Shawnee Mission, and Prairie Center) are going to be played by AMs.

Furthur said:
Pros expressed a lot of dislike when asked about playing WyCo in Michigan this past year. As far as I know (and what I know is subject to change), the K7 Corridor (WyCo, Black Hoof, Shawnee Mission, and Prairie Center) are going to be played by AMs.
Just for my own personal curiosity, what is it about WyCo that the Pros do not like?

Working Stiff said:
Furthur said:
Just for my own personal curiosity, what is it about WyCo that the Pros do not like?

I had hoped to play that one for once since all the years I have played Pro there they have left Wyco out.I'm glad we will get in some LONG Rosedale though.

Working Stiff said:
Furthur said:

Not sure. That's just what I was told.

scoot_er said:
Working Stiff said:
Furthur said:

I had hoped to play that one for once since all the years I have played Pro there they have left Wyco out.I'm glad we will get in some LONG Rosedale though.

Rosedale tipped out is better than WyCo in my opinion anyway.

Working Stiff said:
Furthur said:

wyco is generally considered to just be a wide open big arm course.

I'd like to win it, but since I'm not even entering, that might be hard.

Probably Climo though, Then Innova could do a new run of FBs(13x!) that DON'T suck.

phisherman77 said:
Working Stiff said:
Furthur said:

wyco is generally considered to just be a wide open big arm course.
And the pros don't like it?

If Pro's don't like wide open big arm courses, why do people make them?

I can't stand courses that are wide open behmoths. Very redundant, although I have never played WYCO, so I can't say its good or bad, I just perfer courses with a nice mix of long and short, with lots of trees. I like trees. (Yeah I said, I like trees!) :D

And I voted for Schultz.

Working Stiff said:

Because many people like to watch the discs fly far. Not everyone is looking for a good technical challenge. Some just want to go out and throw a relaxed round.

Animix said:
Working Stiff said:

Because many people like to watch the discs fly far. Not everyone is looking for a good technical challenge. Some just want to go out and throw a relaxed round.
I guess I just don't get it. I find trees very relaxing.

wyco is pretty technical for a long course. a couple holes are just wide open bombs but most aren't. i like it.

Latest posts