• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Why all the Innova Hate?

I was just posting elsewhere about how I don't understand brand loyalty and corporate tribalism and that the noise it causes people to make. I really don't.

:thmbup: Same here.

People going crazy defending a product they have no stake in other than that is the company they bought it from. It just boggles my mind to see people getting so heated defending and attacking Corporations like they are blood relatives or major stockholders.

Apple vs Samsung/Android
Microsoft Xbox vs Sony Playstation

Those two above examples have some pretty rabid fan bases. Must mean disc golf is going mainstream if people are gonna just as crazy stupid as those folks. :doh:

if you don't get it then you understand nothing of human nature

I bet you could look at sales data and Innova and Discraft's worst-selling discs likely outsell the best-selling discs of most of the competitors. These two companies own disc golf...and Discraft also owns Ultimate.

It's human nature to root for the underdog.

McDonalds sells way more food than *insert 5 star restaurant here*. Does that make their food better? Or do people just buy what is readily available even if its garbage?

I was the first to rate this thread and I gave it a solid one star. Now look at it. I hate you other voters :D

I think that every manufacturer out there probably makes a disc or three that I would like to throw. I don't have the money to try them all. I mostly use Innova because I'm familiar with their plastic and they're widely available. I'm absolutely not going to JUST use Innova because I know there are other great discs out there. I will eventually get around to trying some other stuff when I get a bunch of extra cash, but for right now I'll have to settle for what I have. I just don't understand why people would hate on a whole brand of discs.

McDonald's should put innova minis in the happy meals, somebody call innova now to arrange that!

You know, there was this guy....
This guy....
He told me, Innova.....
You know, Innova.....
They kill children..... and make discs out of them.....

You know, there was this guy....
This guy....
He told me, Innova.....
You know, Innova.....
They kill children..... and make discs out of them.....

Notice that CE stopped being made about the time Amber Alerts started...
Now we know what was making those things so durable LOL
Seriously though all the companies have a place, even discs that get made fun of on here have someone who likes them, I tomahawk/thumber with the Epic, I know people that like 10m Bricks for laying up on hilly approaches and tight ob, and many wouldn't get in the game without cheaper disc companies like Lightning to get their feet wet with, I wouldn't have started if everything was some candy/hi tech ultra expensive boutique company discs.