• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Why are lid discs taboo?

I wouldn't mind taking my Superhero out with me or even trying out a Condor, but the biggest problem is they don't really fit in the bag.

I just couldn't resist a chance to throw a nanny-nanny-boo-boo to those looking for double-digit 'kitties!

I couldn't resist and just ordered a few more DX heavies thanks to this thread. At least I am one discount tier higher at DGC now!

Stupid thread made me order 6 more last night ... two ultralight DX, two 169 DX, and two 165 RPro. Then, this thread made me want to throw some so I got the two out of my bags, then looked in my stash bins and found five more I forgot I had. :doh:

That's alright. Plenty of back-ups and give-aways. Spread the love.

That's alright. Plenty of back-ups and give-aways. Spread the love.

That's what's happened to my stash as well. I looked around for a backup a couple days ago and realized all I have is a 150 and a Premi. I prefer them in 175 DX form (more beefy like a Rattler than R-Pro without the super deep dish). I'm usually on the course when I give them out, and I never have the lightweights with me.

The effect being the same as DX sounds great.

Yeah, I love how they fly in DX. I don't want them to fly like glideless junk kind of like the Z Putt'R. A gummy Champ Polecat in that plastic they run the SuperHeros in would be amazing.

Yeah, I love how they fly in DX. I don't want them to fly like glideless junk kind of like the Z Putt'R. A gummy Champ Polecat in that plastic they run the SuperHeros in would be amazing.

I know I preferred R-Pro when I first got into them, but I like the little fade now. I do wish the DX were hit and stick artists like the R-Pros though. I can't stop my DX from sliding around when they hit.

1) Lids aren't taboo. :|
2) Only N00bs would give people **** about throwing lids. :\
3) If someone gives you **** about throwing lids, the proper way to shut them up is by banging chains. Everything else is just lip service. :D

lids are the best

Ive used a Polecat for over 10 years. Ive never been chastized for using them, especially when I bang 40 foot anhyzer putts around trees with them. If a disc works for you, who cares what people say?

I wouldn't mind taking my Superhero out with me or even trying out a Condor, but the biggest problem is they don't really fit in the bag.
They fit in my putter pocket. I have a Zephyr with a Condor in front of it (the bevel of the Condor fits pretty nicely in the thumbtrac of the Zephyr) and there is room inside the Zephyr for a Sonic. :thmbup:

They fit in my putter pocket. I have a Zephyr with a Condor in front of it (the bevel of the Condor fits pretty nicely in the thumbtrac of the Zephyr) and there is room inside the Zephyr for a Sonic. :thmbup:

Then where am I supposed to put my putters? In the main compartment with the rest of the discs?? That'd just be crazy! On a serious note, I've got a Voodoo Mojo. The putter pocket on it is rounded to fit the average sized disc and I'm not sure if it would hold the larger diameter ones.

I carry a snap whitler. I probably pull it out once every 7 rounds or so...However, I do use it to warm up quite often.

I went to look for one at the shop 30 minutes away.... at my dismay they didn't have any. I am sad now. Lolol

They're annoyingly hard to find. I had to order one for my dad online. You'll like it when you score one though. Cool disc. I prefer the Polecat...only because it's my daughters favorite disc haha

They're annoyingly hard to find. I had to order one for my dad online. You'll like it when you score one though. Cool disc. I prefer the Polecat...only because it's my daughters favorite disc haha

Yeah they had em every time I went there until the day I want to buy one. What kind of luck is that?

Wish I could fit one of my Zephyrs in my bag. So many places where its flight path would come in handy. Would probably have to carry sandpaper too. When my DX one its something hard it seems to end up with sharper edges then my other disc get.

I used to have a 150 Rattler back in the late '90s, an awesome play-catch Disc! (I also canned one from about 125' or so once). It was sadly in the bag of Discs stolen from my truck at Hudson Mills about 14 or 15 years ago. Lots of Barracudas, old mold Whippets, etc. I'd still like to punch those a-holes in the groin...