• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Why do OB ropes suck?

I think a big part of it is that we play outside, in and around nature. For many of us, DG is an escape to spend some time with nature.

Even if it basically plays the same, artificial OB is an obvious reminder that something's decidedly not natural.

Just my 2¢.

....You did cut that quote out of a longer one, which ended "Most of the OB is existing features, such as ponds, creeks, walking trails, and roads, which are more aesthetically pleasing than ropes, even if they don't play differently."

Of course, it's not exactly true to that roped OB plays the same as water. Certainly, the fear of losing your go-to driver is lower with rope than a lake, so the thoughts of altering your throw or choosing a less-reliable, expendable disc are less a factor.

Also, from a construction point of view, it's easier to place ropes on the side of a hill, than a body of water.

why dont we just play dg in open fields filled with rope and mozz sticks

time to transcend nature

I play the course as is and try to do my best with what's available.

It's tiring to constantly complain about things.

Aesthetically, I prefer water to ropes. My bag, on the other hand, prefers that I don't throw any discs into the water.

-shrug-

I think everyone is more or less saying something similar.

An excellent example of selection bias in anyone who wants to participate in this thread.

Ultimately, I started this thread because the posts in the tiny basket thread made sense to me.

Enough said. In fact, too much said.
Waaaaay more than too much said.

Latest posts