• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Why no customization of PDGA profile?

skizzle34

Banned
Why do we not have the ability to customize our PDGA profiles? There is no option to upload pictures or add additional information. Why do we pay $50 per year for this association but not get any way to personalize our information. I think it would be cool to be able to click on a player profile and see what discs they bag or who they are sponsored by. Would you want this ability?

Why do we not have the ability to customize our PDGA profiles? There is no option to upload pictures or add additional information. Why do we pay $50 per year for this association but not get any way to personalize our information. I think it would be cool to be able to click on a player profile and see what discs they bag or who they are sponsored by. Would you want this ability?

Because the PDGA site is not a social networking page.

If you want a more social experience, use disc golf scene which you can link to your pdga profile.

PDGA.com isn't a social media site. I imagine there's no customization because there would be a ton of back-end work to allow for user-generated content, and then there'd have to be moderation of everything posted. Personal customization is likely more hassle than its worth.

I could, however, see them adding a single external link to each profile so players could provide a link to their own website or social media page. Then it's just a matter of players providing that info when they sign up or renew their membership, same as including/updating their address and contact info.

I am already on DGS but I was just clicking through some events today and think even just the ability to attach a profile picture would be nice. The thought popped into my head when I clicked on someones PDGA profile that I think I had played with but couldn't be certain without looking at their past tournaments. A profile picture would have made it much easier.

Knowing how many facebook profile pictures are not the actual person's picture, identifying someone by a profile picture on the PDGA site would likely be just as unfruitful.

They could just hire all the mods from here to police it all too...:popcorn:

I like some of the ideas for personalization but I think the best way to go about it would be to start with the touring pros and go from there. Limit what personalization can take place. Simple head Shot that must be taken by the PDGA at a major event. Sponsors limited to major players in the disc golf world (manufacturers and retailers). And because it looks good for sponsors I think a player could list the discs in their bag. Do it like the drop down menus we have here.

This is a small priot project compared to my other things the PDGA is working on but would be cool. They added more stats to our profiles last year. It is only a matter of time.

So when did attaching a picture to your profile on the PDGA page become a thing, and how do you go about doing it?

I just saw last night where a couple of people in the tournament I just played now had a picture you could identify them with.

Please provide a link to someone with a pic. I can't see the option to add one on my page.

Maybe if you have a photo on DiscGolfScene (who has a business relationship with PDGA) it's getting ported over.

Just created a DiscGolfScene profile with photo. We'll see if it ports over to my profile sometime today. It didn't happen right away.

Maybe if you have a photo on DiscGolfScene (who has a business relationship with PDGA) it's getting ported over.

Mine has never ported over to the PDGA site. Have had my profile on Disc Golf Scene for a year or two and no photo on the PDGA site.

Yep. You have to click on My Account in the upper right corner by the Search window. Then go into edit mode where you can now add a photo. You can't get to it by just looking at your profile page where your tournament results and ratings are located.

Latest posts