• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

WI/UP/MN/Midwest

I've never had one. Maybe it's because I live in WI.

I know someone is going to throw hands over me saying this but I find UP pasties to be a very over-rated pot pie. I mean seriously, if your dish needs ketchup it is truly a culinary failure.

I stopped in Marquette once for what was allegedly the best pasty shop in all of the UP and was thoroughly unimpressed.

You're not a coal miner. :|

*drives to middle-of-nowhere UP of MI*

*complains about the food "choices"*

*is davetherocketguy*

*predictable yooper reaction to the truth about pasties*

:p

You crazy. Ketchup?! Ewww...at home I eat them with gravy, but they don't need anything usually.

But part of the reason I love em is they are the best car food. Hold-able, and like an entire meal.

Plus alot of pasty shops are also bakeries and ice cream shops. Which are 2 of my favorite types of establishments. :)

The last pasty I got I think had wild rice in it and it was amazing.

You crazy. Ketchup?! Ewww...at home I eat them with gravy, but they don't need anything usually.

But part of the reason I love em is they are the best car food. Hold-able, and like an entire meal.

Plus alot of pasty shops are also bakeries and ice cream shops. Which are 2 of my favorite types of establishments. :)

The last pasty I got I think had wild rice in it and it was amazing.

No seriously...A LOT of yoopers have told me ketchup is the way to go. In fact, I actually asked for gravy at a pasty shop and the fella behind the counter laughed at me followed by, "No we don't do that here. There's ketchup on the tables."

:confused:

No seriously...A LOT of yoopers have told me ketchup is the way to go. In fact, I actually asked for gravy at a pasty shop and the fella behind the counter laughed at me followed by, "No we don't do that here. There's ketchup on the tables."

:confused:

Gravy is the tastier way to go. Sour cream or hot cheese would work as well, but ketchup is an OK last resort. Growing up (like 45-50 years ago), when the family stayed up near Crystal Falls/Iron River MI, I don't remember the add-ons even being offered or available.