• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Wiggins wins Long Drive and Putting Contests

Damn Wiggins won them all, must of not been over when I checked the results at first.

Weston Isaacs
3 hours ago
So get this, last year I scored 17 points to qualify for the World Putting finals. This year I scored 19 points, only to find out there are no putting finals. When I spoke with a pdga official why there were no finals, he informed me how "no one really cares about field events" and how it was a "waste of his staffs time" to put on a finals. I'm not sure who I've lost more respect for, Indiana disc golf or the Pdga for not settings guidelines that prevent people's personal opinions from setting the sport back, especially at the Worlds.

Weston Isaacs
3 hours ago
So get this, last year I scored 17 points to qualify for the World Putting finals. This year I scored 19 points, only to find out there are no putting finals. When I spoke with a pdga official why there were no finals, he informed me how "no one really cares about field events" and how it was a "waste of his staffs time" to put on a finals. I'm not sure who I've lost more respect for, Indiana disc golf or the Pdga for not settings guidelines that prevent people's personal opinions from setting the sport back, especially at the Worlds.

For those that don't know, Weston won the putting title last year. :popcorn:
DSCJNKY

I'm almost 100% sure no one has ever swept the field events. That's amazing.

Weston Isaacs
3 hours ago

The local clubs set up the rules for all field events. This is why putting is different every single year.

The local clubs set up the rules for all field events. This is why putting is different every single year.

I liked how NC did it last year. Was really interesting. Would like to have seen that again. And they are wrong, I think people would like ot see coverage of all the field events.

And they are wrong, I think people would like to see coverage of all the field events.

Agreed. I would honestly like to see the putting contest the most. I love watching pros knock down big putts more than them throwing wild anhyzers in a big field.