• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Woo Hoo! ... New Baskets going in.

2naphish

Birdie Member
i've been playing Henry Horton State Park DGC since 95' on a mix of dome top Mach 2's and regular Mach 2's. showed up today and we have a new practice basket in place and 9 new Prodigy T2's spread throughout the course and the rest to be installed shortly! the cemented in (no collar) ones are getting lengthed placements when possible.

Short putts are not near as knee-knocking now, no more blow throughs or nub rejects. i am now doubting the negativity i have read about Prodigy baskets. disc golf just got better in my neck of the woods. WEEEEE!!!!

Short putts are not near as knee-knocking now, no more blow throughs or nub rejects. i am now doubting the negativity i have read about Prodigy baskets. disc golf just got better in my neck of the woods. WEEEEE!!!!

Why do you consider "no more blow throughs or nub rejects" a way in which disc golf got better?

Awesome! The T2 basket fairy is stopping by my home course Iroquois (Louisville KY) too! We've had circa 1991 Machs (and a few originals from the early 80s) in the ground for way too long. Prodigy has been winning the price battle these last few years and the T2 is a nice improvement over the T1 with the lighter chains. Not quite discatcher 28 or mach X but definitely a top basket nowadays.

Awesome! The T2 basket fairy is stopping by my home course Iroquois (Louisville KY) too! We've had circa 1991 Machs (and a few originals from the early 80s) in the ground for way too long. Prodigy has been winning the price battle these last few years and the T2 is a nice improvement over the T1 with the lighter chains. Not quite discatcher 28 or mach X but definitely a top basket nowadays.

Mach X baskets are just meh. No idea why anyone would pay that much for them.

Why do you consider "no more blow throughs or nub rejects" a way in which disc golf got better?

these baskets were ancient and some were horribly bent. at least one "perfect" 15-20 ft. putt per round just fell out. now we have the consistency that makes your score based on your skill and not shoddy equipment. that to me is infinitely better.

Mach X baskets are just meh. No idea why anyone would pay that much for them.

Even if you don't like the target area of an X, there's nothing "meh" about them. They're a solid wall of metal. 40 chains with varying weight between the tiers and a deep ass basket. They even sound heavier when you putt on them.

just thought i would give an update . all the baskets have been replaced along with the new practice basket. there are seven new pin placements (most longer) but 2 shorter on a couple of the long holes to avoid conflict with new long positions on other holes. all in all a most welcome upgrade to an older (1987) course. i know Will S was involved with the basket sale and at least a little of the design of the new pins. there is another basket set towards the more open area beyond where hole 6 is (more to come?).

if a few of the gaps in the woods between holes (safety issues) and a restroom or portolet was closer to the course this would deserve a much higher rating on DGCR. <*}}}>{

Latest posts