• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Work Trip to DFW Area

BMFNT

Bogey Member
I'm heading down to the Dallas/Ft. Worth area next week to visit some aerospace companies. If I could only play two courses where should I go?

Selah would be the best possible experience. Might be a bit of a stretch depending on time/travel restrictions. It would be best to have at least 4-6 hours to play both Lakeside and Creekside.

Harry Myers in Rockwall isn't too far, and there's a course pretty close by (Cedars) that would make an okay number two if you're doing it in one go. I really liked the Lester Lorch courses, a nice pair that are much more technical and "natural" than you might expect in a big urban area. Those would also be a nice 2-course excursion.

There are a lot in the area I haven't played, but I didn't regret playing any of those and am comfortable recommending them.

Depending on where you will be in the area. If you are visiting aerospace companies, I'm guessing you will be near DFW airport, so the quickest and decent courses would be North Park and Arcadia. Don't miss a chance to shop local and visit Ideal Discs shop there next to North Park.

Otherwise, I agree on Lester Lorch - has two pretty decent courses in the same park. If you decide on Harry Myers for more challenge, you can hit Audubon on the way back into Dallas since it is only a couple miles off I-30.

Latest posts