• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

World Distance Record

The most deciding elements must have been wind & thermics though ^
I don't know about most, otherwise there would have been more than 2 records that day. You still need to be able to have the power and skill to take advantage of the wind. It's not like anyone, or even any of the biggest arms at the time, could just go out and throw a new record. It takes both a near perfect throw and those conditions to get a disc to fly that far. Being able to perform a perfect throw adjusted for conditions consistently enough to do it on any given day isn't as easy as people make it sound.

Avery broke it with a DX Destroyer recently (840 feet) but the Guinness people weren't there to make it official.

I don't know about most, otherwise there would have been more than 2 records that day. You still need to be able to have the power and skill to take advantage of the wind. It's not like anyone, or even any of the biggest arms at the time, could just go out and throw a new record. It takes both a near perfect throw and those conditions to get a disc to fly that far. Being able to perform a perfect throw adjusted for conditions consistently enough to do it on any given day isn't as easy as people make it sound.

Of course you need the technique and the power. Of course it aint easy. I never said that :)

But without these very special conditions i guess that we would see maybe two thirds of these crazy distances ? You can certainly not even get anywhere close to these distances if you are not in a desert.

sig

Cubby Record - 1 distance 840'

Cubby Ace - 4

Ace - 1, 09-08-10, Roscoe, #4, 260', Groove CH 174

Groove CH █ Surge FLX █ XL D █ Buzzz Z/D █ Aviar DX

What disc was used for the most recent Distance Record for a flying disc? Who did it?

For a disc golf disc it Sandstrom's 820' from 2002 (mid 160g's dx valkyrie)

for any flying disc it's like 1300 or 1400 feet with one of those aerobie rings by Erin Hemmings (who also has some of longest dgolf disc tosses on record)

Latest posts