• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

World tour course map....

This course is setup in such a monsterous layout right now :wall: . Anyone know if there will be any live streaming?

Very nice job on the web page and a pretty interesting layout. They really went all out bringing in teepads and baskets (maybe Jussi should bring in a few DiscGolfPark port-a-potties too). I hope SpinTV does practices streaming during practice rounds. I don't recall them doing any live streams in the past and it does not seem to be trival.

Very nice job on the web page and a pretty interesting layout. They really went all out bringing in teepads and baskets (maybe Jussi should bring in a few DiscGolfPark port-a-potties too). I hope SpinTV does practices streaming during practice rounds. I don't recall them doing any live streams in the past and it does not seem to be trival.

The guys behind DiscGolfPlanetTV/Emerging Sports/TerraFirma are there working with SpinTV to provide the live coverage.

Here's what you're getting coverage wise:

DG PlanetTV doing the streaming with Jamie and Avery doing commentary.

Jomez filming lead card Friday and Saturday doing next day vids.

Us Filming Paul Thursday (release 7 days after the tourney), us filming chase Friday and Saturday (again can't post for 7 days)

I'll give them this, at least they learned from the European Open that covering the actual round is important.

The stats are already bothering me. Who's idea was it to refer to getting inside the circle with your drive as a "green hit?" Ball golf invented a wonderful term called a "Green in regulation" that covers this well and avoids the mess of saying "greens hits, I mean greens hit, I mean... hit greens?"

I don't see a thread for the La Mirada Open. I guess it's not officially a "tournament?" Someone I know followed Lewis Bitney and Matt Orum's card. He's just getting into disc golf, but had a blast.

The stats are already bothering me. Who's idea was it to refer to getting inside the circle with your drive as a "green hit?" Ball golf invented a wonderful term called a "Green in regulation" that covers this well and avoids the mess of saying "greens hits, I mean greens hit, I mean... hit greens?"

I'm gonna go with "chronic stoner" as the coiner of said term, naturally. And agree with its stupidity.

The course, though, looks awesome.

Here's what you're getting coverage wise:

DG PlanetTV doing the streaming with Jamie and Avery doing commentary.

Jomez filming lead card Friday and Saturday doing next day vids.

Us Filming Paul Thursday (release 7 days after the tourney), us filming chase Friday and Saturday (again can't post for 7 days)

Why do you get shived in all of this. Ridiculous.

What "big" tournaments do you have locked down this year?

Why do you get shived in all of this. Ridiculous.

What "big" tournaments do you have locked down this year?

I guess it wasn't in the budget to bring us aboard. Jomez worked with them at USDGC and did a great job, so I can't fault them at all for using them again.

On lock so far:

GBO - chase card again

BSF - Lead and chase card

I think Masters Cup?

I put in bids for Worlds, and 3 DGPT events. Hope at least one of those works out.

I guess it wasn't in the budget to bring us aboard. Jomez worked with them at USDGC and did a great job, so I can't fault them at all for using them again.

On lock so far:

GBO - chase card again

BSF - Lead and chase card

I think Masters Cup?

I put in bids for Worlds, and 3 DGPT events. Hope at least one of those works out.

For selfish purposes, I hope you guys still do tons of filming plus commentary and post the rounds. I feel like in a year, I'm very likely to go back and watch CCDG coverage of various events, while I usually am not interested in watching the "official" rounds. I recently went back and watched all your 2014 Worlds coverage. Great tournament, great courses, great commentary! I'll probably watch again before too long!

In short, please keep up the good work! I believe the online disc golf community is almost universally appreciative of you guys. And good luck to CCDG as far as all the money stuff goes.

I was not thrilled about the coverage today. Yes it was really crappy weather but Avery doesn't make a great mic guy. Two guys sharing one mic is pointless. Plus if you are calling an event it helps to be in position to see whats going on. For instance hole #16 when both Owens and Melton forehanded their drives straight into the ground Jamie said wow he must have hit an early tree. What's the point in announcing if you have no idea what just happened? I can't wait until the sport grows to the point of getting real coverage. Like shouldn't they have a main booth somewhere with monitors and calling what they see off that along with a field reporter for each card? Instead we get two dudes huddled under an umbrella sharing one mic standing on the other side of a hill.

That being said I will be tuning back in tomorrow.

^^^^^^^^
Totally agree. I was pretty confused as to why Jamie and Avery aren't sitting in a studio somewhere on site watching monitors and doing their commentary similar to how DGP.tv sets up their coverage at the USDGC.

For all their claims of having the highest production value that disc golf has ever seen they really failed to deliver that with the actual live broadcast today. The bitrate of the stream was super low. There were a ton of random camera cuts, bad focusing and awkward moments where a video/commercial would get cued over the top of somebody talking. I'm guessing they have no sort of IFB system in place so everybody working the production can stay in communication.

But they have metrix....

Latest posts