• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Worlds 2014 Final 9 and Playoff

It might only be available on the 2003 USDGC dvd. Its a 10-hole epic battle. They birdie almost everything. Even a near ace that smashes the cage.

Ricky went toe to toe with the Champ,
Guy's there is only 1 Champ and he won masters this year. Paul has a LONG way to go before he can be considered the Other, Other Champ. Barry has "The other champ" already on lock.

and I thought it was the 2002 USDGC's where barry and Kenny went toe to toe for 10 holes of sudden death but I could be wrong on this. That playoff was epic and could easily be compared to the one we witnessed at this years worlds. Kenny and Barry birdied 9 and a half holes in a row. You may not find it on youtube but I have it on DVD at tha house.

Thank you for pointing this out Matt B. The club has done an immense amount of work to make Blue Lake a world class course. Sadly, rather than give these volunteers kudos for their hard work, all Feldberg did was bitch and moan about the few changes we were forced to make to his initial design. Disappointing indeed, but expected.

They didn't make blue lake a world class course for the FPO women playing. About 90% were not happy at all:thmbdown:

They didn't make blue lake a world class course for the FPO women playing. About 90% were not happy at all:thmbdown:

I wholeheartedly agree with you, and that is exactly why everyone plays from the long tees at the Beaver State Fling. However, for Worlds it was not our decision. Due to the pool structures and speed of play reasons, we were asked to use the same short course we had used for USWDGC.

I really wish they had captured the round leading into the final 9 after McBeth was 6 down to Ricky and everyone was saying it was over? I was out playing during that round! :( Really wanted to see how he came back from that. I can't complain though the coverage was awesome and watching the DGPlanet coverage I was riveted. It was an amazing match. The putts that McBeth had to make were intense to say the least. All around great stuff.
Pretty sure that round was captured by multiple crews.

DGPlanet should have an archive of the live broadcast from that day.

CCDG should be coming out with their edited piece soon (I hope). I believe they had 2 if not 3 cameras running with that card.

Barry vs Kenny was 2003. It was my first year taking photos, and I remember saying (you can hear it on video) this thing is going to be won with an ace! as we are walking down to hole 1's basket, right before Kenny smashes basket on his very next throw.

It was epic for sure, and another go round, it would've been dark. Who has glow discs!

Yeah I know Climo is "The Champ" but McBeth is the reigning Champ. I guess one word makes a difference. :\

The McChamp??

Maybe it's like boxing, where anyone who has been champion can be called champ

I really wish they had captured the round leading into the final 9 after McBeth was 6 down to Ricky and everyone was saying it was over? I was out playing during that round! :( Really wanted to see how he came back from that. I can't complain though the coverage was awesome and watching the DGPlanet coverage I was riveted. It was an amazing match. The putts that McBeth had to make were intense to say the least. All around great stuff.

DG Planet filmed that round too. We also filmed it with dual cam (CCDG), it'll be up at some point.

DG Planet filmed that round too. We also filmed it with dual cam (CCDG), it'll be up at some point.

For what it's worth. The newly reposted Playoff the Mcflysohigh put up really helps capture the intensity of the playoff, especially with the captured video of the crowd's reactions to their shots and the crowd running between holes to get a better view. I would love more of that.