• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

World's Youngest Disc Golfer

Midnightbiker

* Ace Member *
Bronze level trusted reviewer
This kid is only 2 /12 years old. You have to see this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KsLCNCF46k8

My oldest daughter now 5 and a half has been playing since she was 2 and my youngest daughter now 2 and a half has been playing since she could walk. Both can make putts without having to stand on a wall to elevate them above the height of the basket.

Guess that kid may have a chance at being the Champ in Mens Open, but my daughters are heading to the top of Womens Open :D

^^ My son 4 has been making putts for quite sometime, hes now starting to work a sidearm drive.

My son is 1 1/2 (Turns 2 in May and he's been putting from about 5 feet and he throws his Roc about 10ish feet. My daughter who is 5 throws really well, prob 50 feet and hit's putts from time to time from 15-20 feet but she doesn't really have interest in playing a full round with me.

Mesa Ranger's Kid is 6 and he plays full 18 hole rounds with us and does quite well. Palisade is not an easy course and he finished all 18 holes and in fact beat a couple guys on the holes. I think there were a couple holes where he took 6's and the guys in our group took 8's.
Nothing like getting your ass kicked on a hole by a 6 year old.

There is a 4 year old kid that plays with his dad at our sunday mini. He 4'd a hole I took a 5 on. :lol:

scoot_er said:
There is a 4 year old kid that plays with his dad at our sunday mini. He 4'd a hole I took a 5 on. :lol:

I love it when Young people out score the older ones.

4 is par on that hole. It is a winding tunnel through the woods and he hit a 70ft sidearm from the corner of the last turn.

TeeRexJJ said:
you should have bought him a real salad bowl lol the polecat will be very challenging for him to throw

really? :( thats a bummer... I got the lightest thing I could find, Oh well, its really just for her to have something to throw and pick up and maybe let her do my drop-ins when I bring her to the course with me. You know just to get her excited about it. What do you guys start your with really little ones with?

TeeRexJJ said:
you should have bought him a real salad bowl lol the polecat will be very challenging for him to throw

Polecat= good kid disc.

don't listen to him.

scoot_er said:
TeeRexJJ said:

Polecat= good kid disc.

don't listen to him.

i wasn't trying to insult him for buying it i simply meant that when i had one i thought it was very hard to control because of the large rim

by the way scooter thanks alot because now i feel like i've personally insulted him lol and i apologize i think i referred to your kid as hgim when i just realized you said your daughter so no harm intended sorry if it seemed mean lol

TeeRexJJ said:
scoot_er said:
TeeRexJJ said:

Polecat= good kid disc.

don't listen to him.

i wasn't trying to insult him for buying it i simply meant that when i had one i thought it was very hard to control because of the large rim

Little kids would be able to throw a frisbe better than a golf disc and this is as close as it gets which is why it would be good

polecat=junk

polecat for kids-perfect. :lol:

thanks for the reassurance. I really am excited for spring. We have another one on the way so I am looking forward to spring. I can spend some qualtiy time with my daughter, get her out of my wifes hair giving her time to relax and I get to play too. how cool is that? 8)

Rex, don't worry about it, no insult taken or harm done. I think at her age she could be throwing a mini and she would think its great. Speaking of which I think she lost my innova mini driver somewhere around the house. she loved that thing.

Fritz said:
Mesa Ranger's Kid is 6 and he plays full 18 hole rounds with us and does quite well. Palisade is not an easy course and he finished all 18 holes and in fact beat a couple guys on the holes. I think there were a couple holes where he took 6's and the guys in our group took 8's.
Nothing like getting your ass kicked on a hole by a 6 year old.

Heck yeah,you wanna talk about a PROUD parent!! That was the funnest round of golf I have ever played right there. He comes out on the course and starts throwing with an X step... which I didnt know he had ... and proceeds to play an awesome round with the adults. What can I say, the kid has skillz..... :p

Latest posts