• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Would You Play in a Fundraising Tournament For a New Course

Would You Play in a Trophy Only Tournament For a New Course?

• Yes

Votes: 68 97.1%
  • No

Votes: 2 2.9%

• Total voters
If the course is somewhere that I'd play very often, then of course! But I'm not one of those lucky bastards who lives a block away from a 4-star course, or who lives in a Midwestern nexus where you can't drive 15 minutes in any direction without passing at least one course. It's all a matter of location. You have to have enough players around to fill the field, but you also have to have enough need for the course to have people motivated to donate.

I'd do it, especially if there was a plaque or something acknowledging the financial contributions of the players, maybe a handful of names on each tee sign or something.

I would absolutely do that, I think it would be entirely reasonable to do trophy only, and if you can get some local businesses to donate merch or gift cards that's even better. Whoever said baskets cost $300+, you can get much better prices than that when you work with one of the manufacturers to put in a full course rather than just buying single baskets.

for a new course, yes. I mean why not help get another course that you can play. the more the better. I would also play in a tourney for some cement tee-pads. for sure.

Another possibility is that you can hold the tournament at a course that's already in the ground if you don't think you'll draw as many people to a course with only 9 temp baskets. If it's in the same area, you'd be drawing the same players who would play the new course still.

This is a win-win mutual benefit. I get to play competetively and I get to play a new course once it goes in. I would love it.

To cross reference other threads and add to this one: go through Gateway discs, with the intention of buying Titan baskets....thus making immaculate basket lovers impressed....and you can host pro level tourneys down the road cause you won't have all those spit outs!!!....lol

But seriously, Gateway is not only good in terms of eventual buckets; but they also happen to be one of the best disc sponsors these days for much the same reasons....they are interested in getting Gateway discs in peoples hands. I am in no way affiliated with Gateway; am just pointing out that it has been my recent experience that they are giving good sponsorship deals to alternative type of events for the reasons stated.

Latest posts