• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Would you still consider it an ace?

XxInnovaxX

Double Eagle Member
Well Fellas i went out to bear creek in grapevine, tx today and played 1 round and then i was getting close to dark but i figured id play another round until i couldnt see anymore, and then it happened....i was standing on the box talkin to one of the guys i had just played with and we were talking about how he had 3 aces on this hole, well i figured i would give it a shot(i had come close several time hitting the basket and pole) i threw the disc and it was a low throw, skipped and ended up being a leaner...everybody there was sayin man thats about as close as you can get without actually hittin it, but i knew i could get closer...i waited another 2 minutes and sat there and talked with them and then figured "ya know what ill try it again"....right before i threw one of the guys told me, "man youre gonna hit it soon, and your gonna hit it sooner than you think"...well whadya know, this time i had a good straight throw with a clean release than faded right at the very end and CHA-CHING!!!!! of course i was stoked, everybody went crazy, and the congrats went around. but then afterwards i sat there thinking to myself, is that still considered legit? i mean if im truly honest to myself it was my second shot, but it was a couple minutes later.....an ace is an ace right? i just figured i would see what everybody elses opinion was on this..

sorry i prolly wrote WAY too much, i guess i still have the adrenaline flowin:D

ACE #2*
Bear Creek Hole 1
5-11-09

*=maybe???

take it man and be proud :D I might say differently if you were repeat firing off the tee. Not like ace count is a serious business anyways.

Oh god not another one of these. I don't personally consider it an ace unless your scoring the round. If you played the other 17 holes after that one than yeah, an ace. You only took 2 throws though but I'd call it an "unofficial" ace. With a *. Nothing wrong with those.

Of course it is an ace and don't let anyone give you any BS about it not being one.

I would say it only counts if it was during the actual scoring of the round. But hell, it really only matters what you think. Still thrilling.

Oh god not another one of these. I don't personally consider it an ace unless your scoring the round. If you played the other 17 holes after that one than yeah, an ace. You only took 2 throws though but I'd call it an "unofficial" ace. With a *. Nothing wrong with those.

so your sayin even if im just playin a casual round, and not keeping score just playin for the hell of it, that it doesnt count?!? i was gonna play the rest of the round but after i hit it everyone just sat there talkin about it and before i knew it it was dark.(it was hit 15-20 min before dark)

Of course it is an ace and don't let anyone give you any BS about it not being one.

I sense a little hostility here, calm down there brother. Some people wouldn't consider my one ace of being legit because I didn't have any witnesses. Not my fault nobody plays my rinky dink course. It's getting a little more popular now though, I might have to pull a Roscoe P. Coltrane with some fake signage to get my little oasis back.

What it all boils down to is your definition of ace.

so your sayin even if im just playin a casual round, and not keeping score just playin for the hell of it, that it doesnt count?!? i was gonna play the rest of the round but after i hit it everyone just sat there talkin about it and before i knew it it was dark.(it was hit 15-20 min before dark)

Even a casual round for me I keep an overall score in my head +1, -2, etc. I'm not saying you have to have the score card out or anything, your ace just has to come during a whole round. Go back to the course the next day and start playing on the next hole all the way through to the hole you "aced" and you can call it an honest ace. See, a loophole, I'm happy, your happy.

I personally wouldn't consider it an ace because it wasn't the first throw from the teepad. I would consider it a "practice ace." It's still a great shot and if you want to consider it an ace (it was from the teepad after all), then by all means do. Everyone has their own theories on aces.

i have always thought an ace or hole in one is just that.. a one throw to the teepad and the basket.. it really is a beautiful practice ace.

Latest posts