• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Wow, it's already afternoon! HOD - 09/13/11

The hole is tougher than it might look from the photos for a few reasons. The wind is typically either a steady or gusty cross wind from the left which will blow errant drives without enough hyzer past the telephone pole line which is the OB line on the right. The first pine trees are right at the length or hyzer fade point for tee shots and get more than their share of action. The next pine trees tend to make players play to the left until they realize the basket is only 10-12 feet from a drop off/rollaway hillside down to the road. The best approach is from the front so an approach or putt flying by stays on top.

i remember playing this hole. that picture doesnt really do the justice of just how uphill it is. the short plays more like 450. i think i took a 4 with a viking viking roc aviar (remember this was back in like 05 not long after it first opened). took a +10 playing par 3s my first time through.
today id bomb either a vulcan or destroyer (wind dependent) then roc (short)/OLF(long) it up there and see if i can make the putt for 3.

Short- FH a t-bird, Roc, putt.
Long- FH a SOLF, t-bird, approach, putt.

There's a hole at my local course similar to this but not uphill like this. It's similar in how there's a line of trees right about where the landing area is off the tee. If u don't have the power to crush it over the top, u have to very precise to land in one of the gaps to have a good look from there. From observing many HOD's, this seems an underutilized feature in hole design.

Maybe a FH to with my Katana (I know, be quiet), then finish buzzz, putt.

TL, RHBH off the tee, released flat to get a bit of anny in it to go around the tree on the left and end up in the middle or right of the fairway. Then just buzzz it in from there.

Pro Wraith, then a leopard or stingray depending on my lie, then hopefully a putt.

R-Pro Boss (140g) off both tees, then approach with a Cobra after that

Latest posts