• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] Wraith love - post your stories

Just picked up a 169 G* to replace my jacked up Fission Photon. Interested in trying it out. What should I expect from it? For reference, I threw the Photon about 330.

I grabbed a 168g Star Wraith the other day, it has the emboss tooling like current run Destroyers have. Plastic is pretty soft and slick. It had a gentle to moderate turn right out of the box, would turn pretty significantly in a headwind. I don't have a big arm at all so I imagine that these soft embossed Wraiths are less stable than your average Wraith

Good looking out - this does not sounds anything like how my 168g star was like brand new. Much more stable than what you've described. I guess the lesson is to check the PLH before buying if possible.

Just picked up a 169 G* to replace my jacked up Fission Photon. Interested in trying it out. What should I expect from it? For reference, I threw the Photon about 330.

I think the Wraith will be a hair shorter. The Photon is a little faster/longer. At 330' the Photon was probably too much disc for you. The Wraith might be as well. I doubt you'll be able to really flatten it out and watch it flex.

I'm really learning to love the Wraith. I recently acquired a couple lighter weight PFN stars that feel and fly amazing. Only problem is I keep going long on my drives with my main thrower by like 30-45 feet. My yellow PFN wraith just doesnt ever want to stop gliding and it'll just hold a straight flight/small turn forever before always coming back. I'm expecting a fresh newer run wraith in the mail soon that hopefully can slot into my more overstable wraith slot.

Currently throwing destroyers but wanting to check out Wraiths in Star plastic to get more control and build up arm speed better for my Destroyers. What run of Star is the best or most preferred?

I'm really learning to love the Wraith. I recently acquired a couple lighter weight PFN stars that feel and fly amazing. Only problem is I keep going long on my drives with my main thrower by like 30-45 feet. My yellow PFN wraith just doesnt ever want to stop gliding and it'll just hold a straight flight/small turn forever before always coming back. I'm expecting a fresh newer run wraith in the mail soon that hopefully can slot into my more overstable wraith slot.

You're welcome.;)

Currently throwing destroyers but wanting to check out Wraiths in Star plastic to get more control and build up arm speed better for my Destroyers. What run of Star is the best or most preferred?

I have a gaggle of Star wraiths and based on my pool of samples, they are pretty darn consistent. Especially compared to destroyers. All my wraiths have a slight, moderate dome and very similar PLH.

The new embossed star plastic has a great feel to it too, if that helps.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Need some info on Star Wraith markings. Just got a tournament stamp 167 marked Star WR with pat numbers? Is this like a PFN Kenny or before that? Any help would be awesome

Need some info on Star Wraith markings. Just got a tournament stamp 167 marked Star WR with pat numbers? Is this like a PFN Kenny or before that? Any help would be awesome

idk you are the one posting wants in the marketplace for pfns you seem to know how wraiths vary or why else are you searching for a specific run unless you know the difference in flights?

DG

idk you are the one posting wants in the marketplace for pfns you seem to know how wraiths vary or why else are you searching for a specific run unless you know the difference in flights?

Didn't realize that their were a few different PFN Wraiths: SWR, Star WR etc...just want to know more about each of the PFN markings

Didn't realize that their were a few different PFN Wraiths: SWR, Star WR etc...just want to know more about each of the PFN markings

big differences

previously there were even color runs that were more/less stable if you really get into wraiths

So, if a 168 older Star Wraith has that perfect turn then come back at 350, will a brand new one be pretty OS at that distance? I've never owned a brand new one.

Darn it, all this Wraith talk in this and the "Destroyer v. Wraith" thread is making me get out my old 162g Star Wraith and give it a try again as my into-headwinds disc...

We'll see how that goes...

Darn it, all this Wraith talk in this and the "Destroyer v. Wraith" thread is making me get out my old 162g Star Wraith and give it a try again as my into-headwinds disc...

We'll see how that goes...

Destroyer always kicked the crap out of the Wraith for me in headwinds. The Destroyer is more stable and penetrates better.

I have a 10 year old star Destroyer that I'll still throw into headwinds. It seemingly hasn't lost any stability over the years.

For the the Wraith gets knocked down too much in headwinds and isn't stable enough for hard throws. Ideally I'll use an XCal when it really starts blowing.

Latest posts