• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] Wraith love - post your stories

I was wondering if the champion wraith was just so drastically different than the Star. Most molds I've seen, the champ version has nearly the same plh as the star. With the Wraith though, at least with the one champion I got, the plh is considerably taller than the Star version. Looks like a PD2.

ggwraith.jpg

mmm

Anyone have experience with the latest Pro Wraiths? Wondering if they are stiff, gummy, or somewhere in between. I have a gummy 165g from a couple years ago. It's incredibly flippy so I'm thinking of grabbing a 170g and working that in.

Anyone have experience with the latest Pro Wraiths? Wondering if they are stiff, gummy, or somewhere in between. I have a gummy 165g from a couple years ago. It's incredibly flippy so I'm thinking of grabbing a 170g and working that in.

The Pro Wraiths I've picked up over the past year have been somewhere in between. I really don't like the stiff Pro plastic when it's released in any mold.

I got an F2 pro wraith from the factory store a couple months ago. It's pretty gummy and pretty flat. 171g. Feels great and it's flying great for me.

i feel like its the only driver i can throw consistently due to my poor form. not sure why, but the only one

Birdied a 430' hole today with one of the prettiest drives of my life. Gstar, 169 grams, domey. Dead straight and then just a little turn with a modest fade at the end. Been playing regularly for just over a year and I've been at a 350' distance plateau for about 6 months. So I'm thrilled. Nose angle baby.

I have Wraiths in Pro, Champion, Star, and now Gstar. If I could find a domey Pro I'd be psyched but all I've seen or experienced are flattish. A domey Star is in the bag for wind and reliable fade and this Gstar is there to stay for max distance.

Hello fellow Wraith lovers! I currently have a stack of 7 Wraiths with three of them being the primary baggers. First is a 169g Pro that gets a nice hyzer flip to turn and a touch of fade. Next is a 175g Star Follow Flight stamp from Jomez. It's the most seasoned of all my Star Wraiths, but only gets a little bit of turn if thrown flat. I probably end up using this disc for FH drives more than BH. Last is a 175g Halo Star that I use for drives into headwinds or if I need to avoid water hazards (of which there are many in Charleston, SC). I've yet to see this disc turn so it's been good for shots that need to fade and skip.

I'm trying to figure out where my Follow Flight Wraith fits in my bag. I'd love to season it more and turn it into a bomber but I think there are some domier ones in my stack that might be better to start beating in. I'm thinking it'll become my FH-only driver. On the flip side, I might buy a stack of Pro F2s and hope they come out domey. Has anyone bought some recently?

Of all my discs, the Star Shryke flies the farthest but I'm not a huge fan of the 13-speed rim and I don't quite have the arm speed for a Destroyer (yet) nor do I own any seasoned Destroyers.

On the flip side, I might buy a stack of Pro F2s and hope they come out domey. Has anyone bought some recently?

Bought 2. One was domed, one flat. I'd say go find one that meets yr specs at a B&M but nobody has them in stock, so buying a stack of F2s is not the worst strategy. You'll probably get at least one that you like and the others will be useful for field work.

You can always include extra order notes. I find if you're balanced in your requests they generally help ya out. (e.g. "I'd like some domier discs please, but I don't care about color or excess flashing")

Hello fellow Wraith lovers! I currently have a stack of 7 Wraiths with three of them being the primary baggers. First is a 169g Pro that gets a nice hyzer flip to turn and a touch of fade. Next is a 175g Star Follow Flight stamp from Jomez. It's the most seasoned of all my Star Wraiths, but only gets a little bit of turn if thrown flat. I probably end up using this disc for FH drives more than BH. Last is a 175g Halo Star that I use for drives into headwinds or if I need to avoid water hazards (of which there are many in Charleston, SC). I've yet to see this disc turn so it's been good for shots that need to fade and skip.

I'm trying to figure out where my Follow Flight Wraith fits in my bag. I'd love to season it more and turn it into a bomber but I think there are some domier ones in my stack that might be better to start beating in. I'm thinking it'll become my FH-only driver. On the flip side, I might buy a stack of Pro F2s and hope they come out domey. Has anyone bought some recently?

Of all my discs, the Star Shryke flies the farthest but I'm not a huge fan of the 13-speed rim and I don't quite have the arm speed for a Destroyer (yet) nor do I own any seasoned Destroyers.

I sold off all my Shrykes just so I'd stop using the squirrley things (but they are definitely the longest mold I've ever thrown; so addicting). I'm back up to feeling fairly comfortable with Wraiths again (out to the 350-380 range, still not hitting 400 consistently with them).

If I had a Star Wraith that always got me a touch of turn, but never risked completely turning over... I'd bag it as my every day driver until I beat it past that point. Sure, it's not a maximum distance flight, but I'd consider that a maximum controllable distance flight, which I think is more important.

I also don't generally designate particular discs as forehand or backhand. I just know I'm going to get more turn and fade with a forehand and try to account for that (I do okay enough). But I sympathize with folks who do have designated forehand discs. Especially if you have some flatter discs that feel better in your forehand grip. Or you want to have a more overstable Wraith as your forehand thrower to reduce the chance of turning it over.

I'd personally probably mix in another fresh star for some tree lines to start beating it in so I would have a fall back if I lost that follow flight. (I'm saying that'd be my strategy; you can of course do you. And keeping a fresh pro Wraith as a failsafe backup seems reasonable too.)

I sold off all my Shrykes just so I'd stop using the squirrley things (but they are definitely the longest mold I've ever thrown; so addicting). I'm back up to feeling fairly comfortable with Wraiths again (out to the 350-380 range, still not hitting 400 consistently with them).

If I had a Star Wraith that always got me a touch of turn, but never risked completely turning over... I'd bag it as my every day driver until I beat it past that point. Sure, it's not a maximum distance flight, but I'd consider that a maximum controllable distance flight, which I think is more important.

I also don't generally designate particular discs as forehand or backhand. I just know I'm going to get more turn and fade with a forehand and try to account for that (I do okay enough). But I sympathize with folks who do have designated forehand discs. Especially if you have some flatter discs that feel better in your forehand grip. Or you want to have a more overstable Wraith as your forehand thrower to reduce the chance of turning it over.

I'd personally probably mix in another fresh star for some tree lines to start beating it in so I would have a fall back if I lost that follow flight. (I'm saying that'd be my strategy; you can of course do you. And keeping a fresh pro Wraith as a failsafe backup seems reasonable too.)

You want a 170g PFN Kenny 12x stamped wraith. They flip, they glide, you can control them, they bomb.

When could I move up to Wraiths? I can consistently get 350-380 with my Archons and have been hitting 400 about 1/5 throws. Should I just wait until I can get my Archons 400 consistently?

When could I move up to Wraiths? I can consistently get 350-380 with my Archons and have been hitting 400 about 1/5 throws. Should I just wait until I can get my Archons 400 consistently?

I say go for it. My wraiths go further than almost every distance driver I've ever thrown. The current runs of Star Wraiths are awesome. Got some pop top to them and go so far.

I say go for it. My wraiths go further than almost every distance driver I've ever thrown. The current runs of Star Wraiths are awesome. Got some pop top to them and go so far.

You have inspired me. I'll have to order one this weekend. :)

Thanks for the input! Great point about having a 'control distance driver'. I've added the domier Star Wraith to my bag to start beating in but haven't had a chance to throw it yet. I also just bought a stack of Pro Wraiths that came out with nice dome so I'm excited to start throwing those as well.

Just got my first wraith it weighs 173g and reminds me of a faster roadrunner is the plh on this normal? thinking of going destroyer if all wraiths are like this. Flys like a nicely broke in disc but no wind resistance. would like to find a wraith to hit hard without worry.

Attachments

• D69066BF-DCE9-4988-AFC2-C2B12E26FCC9.jpg
    D69066BF-DCE9-4988-AFC2-C2B12E26FCC9.jpg
    69.2 KB · Views: 38
  • 9C74D2F1-DBAE-4E62-A663-8C1E8633DF1F.jpg
    9C74D2F1-DBAE-4E62-A663-8C1E8633DF1F.jpg
    43.7 KB · Views: 34
  • 5CD7D537-F396-4DC7-AF55-7D6F90250897.jpg
    5CD7D537-F396-4DC7-AF55-7D6F90250897.jpg
    92.8 KB · Views: 38

Latest posts