• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] wraith ?

i throw a champ for headwinds and FH action. the stars are usually my longest driver. been looking to pick up a lighter pro to beat up for the turnover slot. mold minimalization mang.

I just picked up a Pro Wraith based upon the comments here, and it's like a totally different disc.
I have DX wraith that has a bit of wear, but never really got anything good out of it drive wise (max maybe 300')... but I threw the Pro Wraith for the first time today and wow it soars, got it out to around 350' first toss. Same weight as my DX btw..

Weren't Wraiths designed originally to be molded in Pro plastic? They really are a cut above the other plastics.

One thing is the Pro Wraiths will take WAY more beating than people give them credit for. People that think they're getting flippy super fast usually have bad form. They'll go extremely far when beat, and they don't have a dramaticly wide S in their flight either. They tend to hold a relatively tight line and with a good hyzer generally will only flip to flat. I'll post a pic of one that just got me a bird on a 473' hole, landed it less than 15' from the basket, dead straight less than 8' drop over the distance from tee to pin.

I actually sold some of the best Pro's I ever had, and the guy messaged me and asked me what possessed me to sell these beautiful disc. They were beat very nice, over 2 years of wooded course play. They still had a lot of life left.

I second those that have said te Echo's are second to the Pro. My longest drive is with Pro's then Star. But, since the Echo came out the ones with a nice mild dome are amazing. They're probabaly my second favorite Wraith right now. I like my Pro's 175, and Stars/Echo 165-169.

Last edited:
I was looking at some idye pro wraiths today and they seemed to be a lot more pliant than the standard pros or even the other molds in idye... anybody else noticed this?

14mzwd0.jpg

x4k96e.jpg

This is my newest favorite, almost as good as my old ones.

ztf8g2.jpg

As you can see this pic the dome is rather mild on all of these.

zjh5iu.jpg

This one you can see the green in the back, it's slightly taller and not my prefered dome. It's pretty tall.

Another note, I found the Dark red, with usually with blue, or black stamps are the absolutely best Pro's I've seen. They remind me of the OLD pro that was amazing, and they have the best feel and best flight I've seen. The slightly orange reds aren't bad either. These were the best, the other colors just don't quite seem to be the same.