• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Wrist down for increased snap?!

wims

Double Eagle Member
Often I find that my discs fly nose-up when I drive so when I was out on the course today I tried my very best to keep my wrist pointing down in an effort to keep the nose down. I really forced the wrist down as far as it could go and it helped a ton with the nose up issue. However, it also appeared to increase the amount of spin / snap I was able to put on the disc. The disc ripped hard out of my hand. It was a very satisfying feeling. Is this a real effect or am I imagining things? FWIW I don't got a big arm at all, about 300ft of field power. I got tons of issues with my form obviously

Wrist down is generally recommended and accepted advice for throwing nose down. Nose down flight will lead to less friction that would reduce speed/spin. However I wouldn't recommend trying to force the wrist down as far as possible as it puts it into an unnatural position.

Agreed - it inhibits a follow through and prevents you from hanging on all the way through. It's a habit I'm still trying to break. You can throw far with it, and it seems to generate a lot of very clean spin, but ultimately forcing your wrist down hard and keeping it there prevents it from fully breaking and following through since it puts the rest of your arm out of position.

Latest posts