• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Vibram] X-Link Softober by Vibram

I like X-Link Soft because:

• It has the most amazing grip and durability on the planet

Votes: 7 12.5%
  • It is awesome at approaching fast greens - hit and sit baby

Votes: 22 39.3%
  • Are these really the only options in this poll?

Votes: 33 58.9%

• Total voters

StevenDodge

Vibram Company Rep
As James Cordes once told me, "X-Link Soft is like having a car that parks itself." Getting to stores now, make sure to pick up, or at least fondle, some X-Link Soft discs today.

1348690026.jpg

Hit and Sit.
Control your form.
Insane grip and durability.

1348689947.jpg

I use my soft trak on numerous holes...really anything under 250 where I don't want to blow past the basket. And my Soft Ridge is just straight money. Sticks to chains, trees, whatevs. All I need is a Soft Ascent and I'll be set.

My soft ascent is stupidly overstable. I cant throw it, even with a flick (and I flick 400+). I'd wait for it to beat in but that doesn't really happen too much with these things haha.

On the contrary I love my soft sole. I throw it at my friends cars as they pull in to the parking lot for disc league :)

Will all molds be made in soft? Interested in trying an obex since its one of the only open slots in my bag now.

Also I know if it's left in the sun it will crack, what about left in the trunk or garage storage in Texas summer heat? Will any kind of oil help? Was thinking something similar to things that keep your dash from cracking.

Kind of weird questions but I am curious lol

X-Link Soft is the closest material to pure rubber so it is more sensitive to UV light. We have added a UV blocker to this year's version of X-Link Soft so it should hold up much better than previous editions. Having said that, I would recommend not leaving it out in the sun (or in a tanning booth). We have not tested any oils or waxes on them.

Mmmm... My floppy Pro Rhyno has gotten pretty straight, and I really only use it when I need to stick to a hill. Maybe I oughtta check out a Soft VP? Are they Rhyno overstable or, like ...Zone overstable?

When we tested the VP initially, it was between a Rhyno and Pig, stability wise. Hope this helps.

I have a white Ridge and a Light Green Summit on the way from MST. Are these softs going to be regular colors or will they be as equally unique as the M/Fs?

I voted for "Are these the only options" because I have never seen/felt the Vibram "soft" offerings.
It has piqued my interest though...

Never tried one. Sounds great though. Will have to pick one up soon.

Just got my ridge and summit in! Since my other ridge and summit are firms, this is a huge and welcome change. I've never had any soft x-links, and my only medium putters are a VP and Sole. Do the tops on these sink in over time like my Omega SS's?

I've had a soft ridge for over a year now, and it performs just as advertised. Great for baskets sitting on a hill or for tricky shots where you don't want to kick far off of a tree. I may need to try a soft ascent though, that sounds intriguing.

Latest posts