• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Xcaliber

should be similar to the destroyer with a little less high speed turn to it. You never really know with innova discs though... a lot of variation from disc to disc.

Last edited:
It will be more overstable unless you had a freak disc (either one). The XCal has no turn, the Destroyer does, and that is where most of the difference should be.

My xcaliber was a total meathook compared to any of the destroyers I've thrown.

You will be disappointed as I was when I got my first XCaliber. It is really a specialty disc that is only useful for certain things like sidearming. In fact if I were going to compare it to a disc it would be a flick.

You will be disappointed as I was when I got my first XCaliber. It is really a specialty disc that is only useful for certain things like sidearming. In fact if I were going to compare it to a disc it would be a flick.

The Star 175 xcal I had (unfortunately lost at Beaver Ranch) threw exactly the same as my Force. Same flight pattern and when I go to the field for practice they were almost always within 10-20 ft of each other distance wise.

Agreed with the above. It is a FH slingers answered prayer. Long, straight with moderate fade. As consistantly predictable as death and taxes. One of my all-time faves.

I really like my Xcal, because with no wind it's super consistent. Into the wind, if it flips it's not going to come back for a while. That is really the only downside I have found. It's just a solid disc because you know what it's going to do.

i am a LHBH only thrower and i really like this disc. although it is one i only pull out in certain situations. two situations come to mind where i really like this disc.

there is one hole at my local course that is a narrow fairway for about 200+ feet (longer from the blue tee) then has a serious dogleg right. this really works well with my LHBH throw but i could never find a disc that faded enough. i've been pulling out the xcal on this whole and i under power it a little and it just floats right around that turn and up to the basket. another instance i have is a fairway with some serious trees right in the middle of the fairway. i've always gone to the left of the trees and had my drive fade back towards the pin. the fade that i can get out of the xcal gets me quite a bit closer to the pin which has changed that from a longshot at a 2 and probable 3 to a better than decent chance at a 2. needless to say, i love the fade on this disc.

the other situation that i really like this disc for is throwing into heavy wind. all in all i feel it has a reliable flight.

but honestly i only pull it out of the bag for specific shots, so it gets used less than other straighter discs.

The Star 175 xcal I had (unfortunately lost at Beaver Ranch) threw exactly the same as my Force. Same flight pattern and when I go to the field for practice they were almost always within 10-20 ft of each other distance wise.

I would say the XCal and Force are nearly identical. The Flick isn't nearly as fast, and the mold differences are very apparent between the two. Force = XCaliber as much as I can tell. I still haven't found anything to compare the Flick to.

i use and Xcal as a longrange FH driver - much better than a destroyer in that regard

Thats what I did before I got my Force. Destroyers have always been just rollers for me.

agreed - i'd equate the xcal to the force

tho the flick is still the only one of the three that will never turn over - i use it for accurate FH lasers. The xcal/forces will go into a bigger highspeed turn - i can get more D with those but they are a little less forgiving.

Yeah, my 175 star xcal was a sweet flick disc when I first got it but I wore it in real fast and I actually turn it over a bit even back hand so I haven't thrown it much anymore.

They huck pretty good, but it just feels domey, I like a sleeker profile I guess. I got a Force Im in teh process of beating in cause its really sleek. I got a white echostar Xcal that just sits in my closet and I got it up on Discaroo and I get trade offers almost everyday so it must be a hot ticket.

lol disappointed... i guess if i was weak i would be upset, but i can handle it, i dont throw forehand and proly never will, great back hand disc, very consistent, lol sidewinding idk what youre talking about thank you for having a positive attitude tho! i would say a stronger disc than the destroyer but not as strong as the boss, you just gotta have an arm to throw it.

The best best into the wind.

You can BH FH and it has a decent flight but the only thing that is worth keeping is how it handles wind.

I love xcals I have a first run, CFR champ, 3 stars and im about to add a champ glow to my collection such a consistant disc but you have to have a good arm for them. THey are awesome Forhand discs also. I bout a first run the day they came out on Disc golf center and hated traded for a wraith just started using them again and love them. They fly a long ways a little less undestable then a destroyer and die a little harder at the end then a boss but thats just my opinion.