• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] XT - New Plastic from Innova?

Mbagnola1

Eagle Member
atlas_02.jpg

From Innova - " The XT stands for Extra Tough,But it also has Extra Traction in your hand"

Just released this on this months product update. From the description it sounds like they will be coming out with a more durable version of Pro plastic, almost a G-Pro.

As I'm understanding the wording, this is the blend of pro plastic ALREADY used in the stock runs of Novas?

I quite like the plastic and trust my Nova to hit and stick on hill sides, even if it can be a bit bouncy. Should be a great feel for the Atlas, and I see no reason it couldn't be used for one-piece molds.

I'd be curious to throw a Roc or fairway driver in this blend.

From the description it sounds like they will be coming out with a more durable version of Pro plastic, almost a G-Pro.

Isn't a more durable version of Pro plastic supposed to be regular Star? Or even GStar? I guess "Extra Traction" implies something a little different...

every 'new' innova release is just re-labeled R-Pro garbage.

good marketing on their part though.

I have it in my bag.
It. Is. Money.
Just point and shoot.
I tested it on Friday. 3 throws and I was removing drivers to make room.
I used it at the Georgia Team Invitational in assorted winds on holes from 270-405. Holds a really straight line (I know, I know). I especially like throwing it with a little hyzer and you get a perfect arc from release to landing.
Feels GREAT in the hand. Has a bunch of glide... not forward fade, GLIDE. But doesn't drift. You can throw it hyzer or anhyzer.

Hope some more people try it out. I liked it enough to play matchplay with it this weekend.

how many different plastic blend variations are they going to have? god damm

how many different plastic blend variations are they going to have? god damm

It makes sense, other startups just shot right by them with better plastic from the get go. Innova needs to continue to up their game to compete. More Jolly Launcher please.

Sweet. I'm definitely picking up an Atlas and a Nova in this plastic.

Looks like its finally time to update the bag.

I'm happy Innova is coming out with these new releases. Upping their game.

Isn't a more durable version of Pro plastic supposed to be regular Star? Or even GStar? I guess "Extra Traction" implies something a little different...

Thats what start intended to be when the idea first developed. I

I hope some different blends for Millennium are next. GStar LS please

A G* Milennium disc already exists, just not marketed as such. Go get an Aries, it's G*, and they come in white. GREAT disc as well. Speed 11 control driver sounded like an oxymoron to me....until I threw it.

Pretty sure alot of the most recent runs of Sirius are basically G*...

Seriously Innova? How many different plastics are you going to make? DX, Pro, R-Pro, KC/JK/Yeti Aviar Pro blends,Glow, Champ, Star, Echo Star, GStar, and now XT (and I'm probably forgetting a few others). Seems like they may be getting carried away here.