• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] XT Pro Roc and BB Aviar

Been spending some extensive time with my XT roc. Really enjoy the plastic on these. Compared to the usual Rocs I throw (DX, KC Pro) these are less stable.

On the flip side, the XT roc handles torque and imperfections in my full rips a lot better than a DX/KC Pro would. Flight-wise it reminds me of a Z-Buzzz. Can't wait until this thing beats into a hyzer flip disc.

The XT Aviar PnA is now available to retailers along with some other (less interesting) releases.

Anyone still throwing their XT rocs?

After seemingly forever (probably more like 3 months of solid abuse), it's finally got some turn to it. Absolutely awesome on a hyzer flip now. For christ-sake though, I wish they'd have these and mcpro roc3's out in retail shops so I could get these without going through the proshop..

I wish they'd have these [XT Rocs] and mcpro roc3's out in retail shops so I could get these without going through the proshop..

Agreed, and I would like to see XT used in other mold too. It is nice, grippy, durable plastic. Great for the Pacific NW where I am.

So the idea is you beat in this roc into a turnover roc, and because its xt it will last very long as a turnover roc?

This was the most annoying thing to me when I first started playing this game. I was surrounded by die-hard Innova guys raving about "Beat-In Rocs". That idea still annoys me. The practice of getting a disc in a semi-durable plastic and then having to beat it up to some unspecified perfected state of seasoning. Sounds exhausting.

That said, if I used Aviars I would be very excited about this XT blend. Sounds like good stuff.

Sounds like somebody needs a stack of Rocs to try out. Who knows, then you might change your username to roc.

Sounds like somebody needs a stack of Rocs to try out. Who knows, then you might change your username to roc.

I used to throw Rocs back in the day. The KC Rocs I used were pretty cool. If Innova ever taps me for sponsorship I'll use a Star/KC Pro Rancho Roc combo.