• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Yadkinville DGC, NC

turniphead

This course has been around for as long as I've been playing (coming up on 20 years) and I've always enjoyed the variety of holes and challenges. My wife and I had a little girl back in December so I'm not on the course as much as I'd like, so I hadn't been to Yadkinville since last year.

So anyway, I was in the neighborhood last week and I decided to squeeze a round in. Turns out there has been a *major* course redesign. I had no idea until I got to hole 7 which used to be a pretty easy left-to-right uphill shot with a couple hole locations, maybe 250 ft or so. The sign at the teepad was covered with a sheet of paper that said ~430ft par 4. From this point on the course is totally different, snaking through the woods and using some of the formerly "Outback" holes. The new holes are quite challenging with a wide variety of shot shapes required. There are very tight windows on several different holes, and some longer par 4 holes throughout.

Apparently the park swallowed up some of the old course for a new soccer field so they had to divert the majority of the course. 7 and 17 are redesigned, while 8-16 are totally new holes. 17 was actually a highlight for me, you start up on old-16's teepad and shoot all the way down the valley and then back up to old-17's basket location(s). 18 is the familiar downhill shot with a late window overlooking the parking lot.

The new course is fantastic (and still a little raw) and is easily the toughest course in the Triad area (The Patriot, Johnson St, Bethel, Horizons, The Rock @ Stonewall, Yadkinville) at this point. There's no real point to this post other than to draw attention to the redesign. Like I mentioned, I hadn't heard about it yet when I played the other day. Don't sleep on Yadkinville if you haven't been out there lately!

Latest posts