• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

YMCA Pocomoke City, MD

PWaggoner

Double Eagle Member
The MDDGA has the full go on building a absolutely beautiful course at the YMCA in Pocomoke City, MD. The property has two ponds, a mountain, woods and open space. 100 acres.

I think there is enough room for two courses with work(cutting trees) and a great course without much work at all. Thats down the line though.

The MDDGA and Lower Shore YMCA will be collaborating to fund the baskets. Timeline should be within the year for 18 baskets and natural tees.

Ill post developments on here as they come.

That's about an hour away from my father-in-law's house, I'll definitely be checking that out. Great job!

Fantastic! Extra incentive to plan a beach trip. :D

Please do keep us posted on progress.

Had a MDDGA board meeting tonight. Have approval for 100 CFR discs. The ymca is going to design the stamp. Discs will be sold for at least $20. The cost of the discs and proceeds from sales will be directly funneled into the course.

A fundraiser tournament will be held during early nov- early dec. One round of the prototype layout and five WFDF events. Date will be released soon/ further info. I will be spearheading this tournament. Non pdga and non WFDF. Will have the zephyrs etc for the different events purchased prior and available for use.

Ill be attempting to acquire 18 metal portables to give a authentic feel to the fundraiser layout and a aesthetic look for pictures. I think this will quicken the process of getting the course in the ground.

Other fundraising will be starting shortly as well including a 100 spot 50/50 cash raffle.

Hopeful estimates are $4000+ for fundraising at this time.

$1000 fundraiser tournament
$2000 cfr discs
$1000 50/50 raffle

Going to be seeing about grants and business donations.

YMCA should have funding available 2016 and has they're own fundraising abilities.

Im feeling good about this project personally, not saying it will be easy but feel like we have the momentum to get this great course slammed in the ground in not to long at all.

Yes there is 18 homemade baskets setup there. They have hardly been used and not built very well. From walking the area I would guess it was designed by a non disc golfer. It was a good effort, just not solid funding. I didn't even know they had the homemade baskets until a year ago when my buddy started the process.

Some would say revamp and some would say new course I suppose. Either way new layout, new baskets and new support.

If you happen to make your way down to play let me know ill give you a guided tour and pay for your round.

"When: Sunday, November 8th. 10 am- 5 pm.
Where: Pocomoke City, MD. Lower Shore YMCA.
Why: Fundraiser for new equipment at YMCA

Cost: $20 from each person will go to the fundraiser. The rest will be for cash payout for each division. Recreational will be trophy only.

Pro: $30
Advanced: $25
Intermediate: $25
Recreational: $20

Layout:

One round of disc golf in the prototype YMCA layout.
5 WFDF (World Flying Disc Federation) events that include: MTA (Maximum Time Aloft), TRC (Throw, Run, Catch), Accuracy, Putting and Distance.

Overall Score in all events will determine finishing place.

This event has been designed to be fun for all levels of players. There hopefully will be a good number of novice YMCA players in attendance.

Loaner discs will be available for the disc golf round and discs for the WFDF events will be supplied but feel free to bring your own!

For individuals unaware of the WFDF events: http://wfdf.org/history-stats/world-records

Disc Golf Scene will be setup shortly.

Anyone with metal portable baskets please contact me!

Anyone with questions don't hesitate to call me @ (edited number) day or night!

Ill update when disc golf scene is live.

Event is not pdga or WFDF sanctioned, just a enjoyable fundraiser!"

My facebook post. We are working on the design for the CFR discs. Have to wait till after usdgc anyways. Had a plain basic design but since the club has time figured we would see if anybody has some skills

So have 18+ metal portables, all the WFDF discs, volunteers, accuracy target, range finders.

100 CFR discs came in today. Ill see if i cant figure how to post a picture. 25 of each- glow champion all. Destroyers, thunderbirds, teebirds and TLs.

In freak out mode!!

So the tournment was a success, we netted $850 dollars. Had a good turnout.

Also "Snap" Conger, pdga #60, donated a basket when we go to purchase so only need the money for 17 baskets.

I screwed up a ton TDing, mostly a lack of experience and attempting to do everything myself. But everybody had fun supposedly. Im just hard on myself.

We have sold about 200-400 dollars worth of CFR discs as of now.. Have alot left.

We live in a sparsely populated farming community so its actually pretty good imo, im dissapointed but it really cant be blamed.

Im going to run some minis and we hope to have $2000 cash to show the ymca next year so they hopefully will throw in budget time.

So bit of news on this course. A friend and local club member somehow found 10 discatchers locally.

He is in the process of purchasing them and they will be for ymca in pocomoke.

I am optimistic that in a short time 10 baskets will be in the ground @ ymca pocomoke city. I will recommend cycling them into other positions until all 18 are purchased and installed. Id like to say 6 months max if deal goes thru.

Thatll be 10 baskets with one basket being donated by snap conger, just have to see how much money we will have left over and cost of remaining baskets to see what we have to do/ or ymca hopefully. Prolly cheaper to buy 9 then 8, idk so maybe a extra hole or a practice basket.

Oh and ill explain the situation with the mystery baskets after they are out of the ground and in club hands lol.

Oh and 11 + 9 is 20 lol. So we need 7 not 8. Prolly cheaper to buy 7 then 9.

10 baskets were located at a local church and I had no idea they were there. Not even 5 minutes away from schumaker pond, our club's starter course. The church is moving so the baskets became available for purchase. My buddy jumped and the club bought them today.

We paid $1500 for 10 yellow discatchers. 9 used and installed. 1 with the top still in the box plus pole garage kept. Basket and anchor was outside, basically brand new basket imo. Was missing one little peice though, will have to order one. Oh and like 15-20 dx sharks were included.

It was snowing today, but rallied the troops and got them pulled out. Moved them to storage. My buddy is going to knock off the concrete of the 9 used anchors this week.

Planning on installing the 9 baskets next weekend. Have to buy some concrete, but we spent all the clubs ymca fund on the baskets. So thinking of trying to do some fundraising at glow on wednesday. Whatever, will get it done somehow.

9 holes to be installed asap! Will have course updated on dgcr afterwards. Rudimentary but effective signage installed.

More fundraising! Or hopefully ymca will pay for the rest.