• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Yo! Marshall Street!

I talked to the fine folks at Marshall Street today about something else and they were friendly, flexible, accommodating, and a pleasure to work with (as always). I emailed and called. Because I'm old :|

Sooo, could this be used to remove dye from discs?

In the photo, it appears as if the adhesive of the price sticker pulled off some of the foil stamp. I wish removing dye was that easy though.

Marshall Street has given me good service, but I'd still buy from them even if they didn't. Their website is nicer than any other retailers' that I've seen, and their prices range from normal to crazy low.

Last edited:
I talked to the fine folks at Marshall Street today about something else and they were friendly, flexible, accommodating, and a pleasure to work with (as always). I emailed and called. Because it's the most efficient way to reach them.

FTFY

I can't believe I read this entire thread. I will never get this waste of time in my life back. I've heard of demon customers but this is ridiculous. Marshall St, I don't know why you even waste your time here.

WTF is wrong with half you people? "I tried twitter first" Are you serious?! Grow up and use a damn phone like the rest of the world! Jesus H I've lost all faith in humanity...

While I don't necessarily agree with the guerilla approach that the OP took in this instance (no guarantees that DD is even an active participant on the site), his "experiment" brings up some very interesting and provocative thoughts about what a business's role in social media is and should be about.

I believe that businesses that subscribe to and use social media to get their name out there (read: advertising) must also understand that their obligation to tend to that platform, which includes an increased need for customer feedback, business advice and/or transaction, and at the very least, customer support, is even more important than just the implication of socialization.

I think the OP's point, to which I agree, is that if there is a business that has gone so far as to create a social media account, then there needs to be an associative outlet for customers to make a complaint, give feedback, or be instructed about the most efficient way to go about making contact with that business. It's part of the responsibility one must take in 'putting themselves out there', because quite frankly I don't care what sale is happening, or how many new 'so-and-so's' you got in your shop today, or how cold it is outside your business doors, if part of the deal doesn't include customer service. Period. It shouldn't be assumed that if I call or email I get customer service, but if I facebook, or tweet, or whatever, then I don't have a voice, or that voice is marginalized because someone isn't right there, in my face, or on the phone to deal with me directly. Look no further than the increase in 'Live Chat' customer service and support chat boxes to confirm the need and frequency of people who aren't going to
Grow up and use a damn phone like the rest of the world!

Good on the representative of DD to chime in and communicate the best way to make things right, but in this day and age of social media, not understanding that those platforms require an increased responsibility to be just as accountable and continue to deliver good customer service, then it's possible that those platforms may likely be just as good a way to kill your business as it is to promote it.

I call BS

To OP,

Weak thread, and a little unfair to MST. To be thorough and FAIR you should have done to every online retailer.

To MST customers that are not tools,

Just send a comment with your MST order and ask for your stickers to be removed. I go there in person and they have a nice bottle of Goo Gone on site. They always quickly remove stickers when asked. I am sure they would gladly remove your stickers, and catch dye errors.

You're welcome for the extra work Hoey! :D

I can't believe I read this entire thread. I will never get this waste of time in my life back. I've heard of demon customers but this is ridiculous. Marshall St, I don't know why you even waste your time here.

WTF is wrong with half you people? "I tried twitter first" Are you serious?! Grow up and use a damn phone like the rest of the world! Jesus H I've lost all faith in humanity...

this

While I don't necessarily agree with the guerilla approach that the OP took in this instance (no guarantees that DD is even an active participant on the site), his "experiment" brings up some very interesting and provocative thoughts about what a business's role in social media is and should be about.

I believe that businesses that subscribe to and use social media to get their name out there (read: advertising) must also understand that their obligation to tend to that platform, which includes an increased need for customer feedback, business advice and/or transaction, and at the very least, customer support, is even more important than just the implication of socialization.

I think the OP's point, to which I agree, is that if there is a business that has gone so far as to create a social media account, then there needs to be an associative outlet for customers to make a complaint, give feedback, or be instructed about the most efficient way to go about making contact with that business. It's part of the responsibility one must take in 'putting themselves out there', because quite frankly I don't care what sale is happening, or how many new 'so-and-so's' you got in your shop today, or how cold it is outside your business doors, if part of the deal doesn't include customer service. Period. It shouldn't be assumed that if I call or email I get customer service, but if I facebook, or tweet, or whatever, then I don't have a voice, or that voice is marginalized because someone isn't right there, in my face, or on the phone to deal with me directly. Look no further than the increase in 'Live Chat' customer service and support chat boxes to confirm the need and frequency of people who aren't going to

Good on the representative of DD to chime in and communicate the best way to make things right, but in this day and age of social media, not understanding that those platforms require an increased responsibility to be just as accountable and continue to deliver good customer service, then it's possible that those platforms may likely be just as good a way to kill your business as it is to promote it.

^^^:clap: :thmbup:

To all the people being douches to the OP, he very clearly stated it was AN EXPERIMENT!!!! :wall:

He didn't say he was going to get his undies in a bunch if they didn't contact him via social media (in this case, DGCR). He didn't say "WHAT HORRIBLE CUSTOMER SERVICE BLAH BLAH BLAH" or pitch a bitch fit or anything like that.

He was simply interested if MSt would take notice and respond, which they did.

Problem solved, nobody's honor was besmirched :)rolleyes:), nobody got called out (except the OP by people who need to work on their reading comprehension skills, apparently).

Fo' realz, geez. :doh:

Edit:
alphaDave said:
Doing it more cause I Do hav faith in their Customer Service

Wow people, I was operations manager for a web based company a few years ago. Part of my daily routine was searching our name in multiple search engines. I created accounts to respond to peoples complaints on forums.

Having a web based business demands web influenced thinking. Its part of the game!

You have to be completely stupid to think that having someone on payroll to search for complaints about your company is not gonna raise prices. I can hear the crying now when that happens.

I don't remember complaining to gerber when my mommy bought me a passy at Walmart that I didn't like.

Hoey facebooked me yesterday about my order having an minor issue before I even knew there was an issue. I love this store, and I love this man. HOEY! HOEY! HOEY!

MS is the only online store that I deal with. The first time I ordered from them they sent me a Roc that wasn't the color I had ordered. They sent me a hand written letter explaining the situation and hooked me up with some swag. Ever since then I've been a loyal MS customer, and I've never had any issues. Their shipping is really fast too. Thanks MS! You guys rock!

lol

You have to be completely stupid to think that having someone on payroll to search for complaints about your company is not gonna raise prices. I can hear the crying now when that happens.

You can't honestly believe they don't have someone already on payroll that doesn't have 15 min a day with nothing to do...

If a company is going to post on ANY social network (FB, Twitter, G+) then they need to actively stay on top of those websites. The OP tweeted about this issue over week ago and mentioned MSt with their "handle" in his post. They are active on twitter and should have noticed that they had a tweet. When they didn't I suspect the OP then came here to see if they would reply, which they did rather quickly, and with a good reply no less. I don't question MSt's customer service as I only buy from them and am very pleased, but I do think they should have been on top of this earlier as they are active on twitter.

As someone with a degree in psychology, I like the experiment. Businesses, in general, seem to post to these various sites but are very poor at replying to inquires through such outlets, which is bad business. Yes, email is still the golden standard for business communications, however you shouldn't necessarily have to communicate that way as the customer if you choose not to. You may get a reply faster, but it shouldn't be the ONLY way to reach a business.

As a member services director for a nonprofit we have various ways for our members to reach us... message board, email, twitter and facebook, which our staff checks daily and reply's to. WE cater to them and if their preferred method is social media then so be it.

Last edited:
Juke, my reading comprehension is good to go. I comprehend that IF the OP was using the situation as an "experiment" it was a piss poor experiment. I also comprehend that there was more back pedaling going on than necessary if the "experiment" were legit. And this "experiment" would have been more gracefully executed if it were sincere.