• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

You know you're addicted to DG when...

That is funny to me, because I have a work trip to FL next week and I am planning on going to Clearwater first thing after I get my rental car at the tampa airport.

You got it easier than I did, because I drove down there, then had to drive 2 hours back north to clearwater, so I really went out of my way. But it was cool going over the huge bridge on I-275 to get there.

When there is a negative 6 wind chill, and a blizzard and you play one round, go back home watch the Scandinavian Open for the 5th time, then go back out because you have to play another round

When you get kicked off the course due to impending weather, in the last hour 12" of snow and another was expected. Park ranger gave me a ride back to my car and when she noticed my license plate asked you drove to another state to play golf in this weather. My response was that of pride.

ah man that is priceless, im gonna start giving directions like that, "just go down the road, after it hyzers , make a sharp anny, its about a buzzz on your right"

Mandatory on DG road trips all directions are given in dg terms

i've started discing every day before/after work, one or the other.

last "monday" for me i skipped work (i have mondays and tuesdays off, tuesday=sunday) i played two 9 hole rounds, three 18's, one 12 and another 9.

then on the 4th i headed up to blue ribbon pines, a 27 hole course, and played 2 rounds.

when i took off my vibram 5-fingers i noticed that not only did i have blisters, i had blood marks on my shoes as well. -__-

my feet are used to taking a pounding - used to be a landscaper - but jeez. i used some PTO on friday, wore regular shoes, and played another three 18's. today, just one 18 hole round.

i think i'm more obsessed with improvement, but i just freaking love disc golf as well - and not just the frolfing part; i love the discs too. it's awesome.

soon i'll start sleeping with my discs, ala full metal jacket.

soon i'll start sleeping with my discs, ala full metal jacket.

This is my Pure. There are many others like it, but this one is mine. My Pure is my best friend. It is my life. I must master it as I must master my life. Without me, my Pure is useless. Without my Pure, I am useless. I must throw my Pure true....

:p

I had a dream I was throwing a disc and I woke up because I slammed my hand into the wall. :doh:

I dreamed about DG the other night. A beautiful, vivid color, and bright sunshine dream. I was throwing my Champ Leopard over a water hazard, beautiful flight, long drive and then the disc landed right on the edge of the pond bank. :clap: Awesome shot, I think to myself...then out of nowhere a donkey picks up my disc with its teeth and tries to eat it! I am running at this point when the donkey drops it and some random guy picks it up and he gestures the "how did this get here" shoulder shrug and drives the heck out of it into a thick wooded area! :confused: Then he starts to casually stroll away. All the time I am never getting any closer to saving my disc. I woke up kinda pissed for a second! Weird stuff...

Avoid this book if you want to save your sanity! :p
books

^^^discguy42

You lost a disc, and you're having closure issues, aren't you? :doh:

Haven't lost anything. Must be the impending fear of a future loss? Probably comes from playing on the 4th. We went to a course out of town. Where I shot a hole over water that I never do that day and made a nice controlled shot that went straight toward the basket. Normally I would just play from a friends lie, because I could not throw far enough to make it over the water! I have been playing a lot lately and can drive further than I could last time I played there.

You have a DG camping meet up two weeks away that you've already been packing for for awhile :| :\

...you realize that you'll scour the Internet for free shipping or drop $50 or $75 at a time to avoid shipping charges on discs, but you'll also march down to the post office and nonchalantly pay $4-6 to mail out discs you're trading.

...you realize that you'll scour the Internet for free shipping or drop $50 or $75 at a time to avoid shipping charges on discs, but you'll also march down to the post office and nonchalantly pay $4-6 to mail out discs you're trading.

love this one.

mine is you get upset you can't play CE in words with friends and that upsets you.

Sounds like my dreams, had dream last night I couldn't flick over 50ft, the disc wouldn't spin out of hand. Then I woke up in a sweat!

You know you are addicted to to disc golf when...

You spend the past weekend with your best friends getting your butts kicked by the IDGC, in torrential downpours so hard you can barely see the baskets you are shooting for, being so drenched in water that a towel did absolutely nothing, and would do it again in a heart beat.

A bad day of disc golf is better than a good day at work.

OK, maybe this is kind of lame...

The wife just phoned me from work.

"Do you want your rock back?"
"My Roc?"
"Yes silly, your rock."
"I'm not missing a Roc, I don't even throw a Roc."
"What are you talking about? The rock that you gave me to give to Katie."
"OHHH! That rock. Sure."

I had forgotten that a friend of hers at work is an amateur geologist and I had found an interesting rock along the shore of Lake Erie that I couldn't identify. We were just walking the beach after playing a round at Evangola State Park. Talk about a one track mind.