• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

You know you're addicted to DG when...

I can sympathize over the shoulder issues. I have both mine dislocated from years ago (not from a bike crash however) and really threw my right one out attempting to launch FH off a 1st tee trying to show off some new found distance the summer before last. That ended my FH throwing forever if I want to keep playing. Things don't heal anymore when you're about to turn 60!

Ouch! I am a weak forehand thrower. Only barely past 40. I just want to get back into decent shape. I gave up on throwing really far a long time ago! A touch game can also be fun!

Part of being addicted to disc golf is when you are watching TV, you see a beautiful park and think: "That would be a nice place for a disc golf course." And then bam, you see a target in the background. This appears to be Kenneth Hahn DGC in Los Angeles.

From a recent AARP commercial:

Attachments

• Screenshot (127).jpg
    Screenshot (127).jpg
    90.6 KB · Views: 90
Part of being addicted to disc golf is when you are watching TV, you see a beautiful park and think: "That would be a nice place for a disc golf course." And then bam, you see a target in the background. This appears to be Kenneth Hahn DGC in Los Angeles.

From a recent AARP commercial:

I was thinking that while watching Wrinkle in Time. I've thought that about certain places I've been too. Sometimes, I can just imagine the hole(s).

....When you get someones entire family into disc golf, and they go out more than you.

I have a funny little story about this.

When we built our course, nobody in the organization had any idea what DG was. I got a ton of questions from accounts payable regarding purchases, had to explain at length what it was etc for just about everything.

Our head of accounting was an older lady named Mary. Really nice woman, on the heavier side and in her late 50s I'd say. I convinced her to give it a try since she lived right next to the course and walks her dog a lot and gave her the 107 gram leopard I got for my kids to learn with since you need 0 arm speed to work it.

Within two weeks she had a bag, a stack of plastic that made mine look legit sad and baskets at the house. She is out literally every day on the course with her little dog and her husband and they are BEYOND OBSESSED. She ended up leaving the company a few months ago but I still see her out there a lot.

Fast forward a few months- I was watching Worlds a few weeks ago and Barsby made a sick drive on I believe 11 or 12 on the woods course and sent it past the green and into the crowd... Who do I see running for safety? Freakin Mary! I had to rewind it and pause the video, it really was her! I was blown away.

I thought I was obsessed and I clearly am, but sweet little old Mary has got me beat by a mile and it warms my heard to its cold, black cockles. Every time I see her out there or hear a story about her travels I feel so warm and fuzzy inside.

When I dream about playing disc golf. I just wish I could play as well as in the dreams, and where are those courses that I'm playing.