• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

You know you're addicted to DG when...

if only i could make a course on my parents land... they have a retired x-mas tree farm on 7 acres of land w/ potential for a rad pitch n put layout in plenty of overgrown 40 ft x-mas trees.

I keep evaluating land for the best way to put a disc golf park in it. Last night I almost got in an accident driving while thinking about a nice spot.
I do this all the time. I drive by somewhere and I can visualize great Dg holes.

I was listening to a story about the first Thanksgiving with the Pilgrims on the radio yesterday, and was thinking about if I lived back then how I would carve a disc out of wood and how to build a basket back in the 1600s.:eek:

I was listening to a story about the first Thanksgiving with the Pilgrims on the radio yesterday, and was thinking about if I lived back then how I would carve a disc out of wood and how to build a basket back in the 1600s.:eek:
i think i'd just get a flat bread let it sun dry to a rock's hardness and chuck that... and 1/2 way through the course if ya got hungry you could eat it lol.... as far as baskets go perhaps wine barrels cut in half? hope you and everyone else here had a great t-givings!

I do this all the time. I drive by somewhere and I can visualize great Dg holes.

Me too. I used to do that when I was a skateboarder (80's/90's). Draw lines in my mind when I was in a car or on the bus. I'd visualize my path and what I'd do if I were skating. Now I think about how I'd throw around that clump of trees, between those buildings, etc. and how I'd place tees and baskets along the highway. Jeez, we're sick.

Oh, and late night putting practice. Drives the neighbors nuts.
DSCN0423.jpg

Oh, and late night putting practice. Drives the neighbors nuts.
DSCN0423.jpg

Same here. That's my truck in the background with all my bags. I am still waiting for the day the cops come by and ask what I am doing. I practice in an empty field next to the local Library.

NightPractice2.jpg

Nightpractice-1.jpg

When the cops arrest you for playing at night! That was fun tonite!

-No one asks me what I've been doing with my time outside of work anymore because all 40 of my employees know the answer.
-Ive said ball golf to ball golfers in a regular conversation
-Ive converted the laundry basket in the back dock of the restaurant into a makeshift basket.
-I bring my disc bag to work instead of my computer bag because I get anxious being away from my discs, even though I cant store anywhere near as much as I need to work at full capacity.
Playing disc golf with me is a new requirement in my list of what Im looking for in a girl
-I dont have the drive to pay my bills on time even though I have the money, but Im willing to go out of my way to play 20 minutes of disc golf when I have little to no free time.
-each time I go to the course the people I play with put away most of their discs and ask me to suggest different discs of my own Im not using on a given hole.
-I played between 72 to 90 holes today even after the first person I brought to the course had a seizure and I had to call 911. After getting him to the safety of his family I was immediately back on the course for the rest of the day.
-Im neglecting sleeping when work is only 6 hours away in order to read every single post Ive missed in the last two days and contribute.
-I havent met a single new person in the last two months off the disc golf course.
-My brother has been playing 3-4 years and competes in Intermediate and Advanced, and the only thing I can think of is working to outplay him this month after less than two months of regular playing.

Apparently I have a problem. I was addicted to video games mostly Halo 3. Now I would rather go out side and throw. My wife was mad because I played to many games. Now I out of the house and cant hear her complain. Thanks DG..

...you call-in to work with some well-crafted excuse just so you can stop by the course to do some putting practice.

I did this today. ;-)

Disc Golfaholics Annonymous

Q: Do you know why there's no Disc Golfaholics Anonymous?

A: Because no one wants to quit! :D

...you call-in to work with some well-crafted excuse just so you can stop by the course to do some putting practice.

I did this today. ;-)

Just hope that your boss never reads this.

Well doc, it all started on my 4th birthday when I got a "Frisbee Flying Saucer Disc" by Wham-O and read "Flat flip flies straight, play catch, invent games!" on the package. That was the gateway disc. Then followed more and more frisbees, you know, different weights, bigger diameters until I saw my first free-style competition. Then we did all the tricks, tapping, juggling, you know, the usual stuff. From there it was a small step to Ultimate. We started hearing about disc golf, throwing at trees or signs or other things. By then it was too late, I was a goner. I spent more and more time out in the woods, throwing discs at baskets, getting lots of fresh air and exercise, just enjoying life on the disc golf course, you know what I mean doc? When the weather is bad, I go on-line and check out new discs and courses or hang out in chat rooms. At least you understand, don't you doc? I mean after all, we do have these sessions, and not in that stuffy old office of yours anymore. Its your shot, doc.

Well doc, it all started on my 4th birthday when I got a "Frisbee Flying Saucer Disc" by Wham-O and read "Flat flip flies straight, play catch, invent games!" on the package. That was the gateway disc. Then followed more and more frisbees, you know, different weights, bigger diameters until I saw my first free-style competition. Then we did all the tricks, tapping, juggling, you know, the usual stuff. From there it was a small step to Ultimate. We started hearing about disc golf, throwing at trees or signs or other things. By then it was too late, I was a goner. I spent more and more time out in the woods, throwing discs at baskets, getting lots of fresh air and exercise, just enjoying life on the disc golf course, you know what I mean doc? When the weather is bad, I go on-line and check out new discs and courses or hang out in chat rooms. At least you understand, don't you doc? I mean after all, we do have these sessions, and not in that stuffy old office of yours anymore. Its your shot, doc.

there's an idea to market...disc golf therapy!!
get paid $100 an hour to talk to some guy about his problems, while playing DG. absolutely brillant!!!

Try using a lid from a cookie dough

you can get some nice annys with them

Latest posts