• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Young guns accoming

Are you sure that players in the top 10 are making that little money? I thought all of the top 10 players got a base salary and most of their signature discs sell at least 5000. They get $5 a disc so that can add up. They should be making more than 20000-30000

Not always $5 a disc as some companies they get less then that for the signature Disc, simply the company is that much smaller. Also I thought that Innova dose not have a base salary for the players? I though rather With Innova the signature discs are how they make their money and if the player is good enough they will work to Design a disc or Signature Disc that will get payed for. I have heard that most of the players not in the Star or top tier for Innova do not have a pay contract but get a signature disc if they desire...all do I think?

Zach shot +5 993(so far. Players still out on course) today at Ledgestone. beat Shusterick by a shot and tied MJ, lol. Not bad on that course for a 15yr old the size of a large hobbit...:D

Wow... he shot -1 today(beating WillS by 3) and has moved up into T-54 with the reigning world champ at the moment. 992 for the first round and so far he's got 1015 for today's round with a lot of cards out.

Zack shot pretty well at DGLO finishing one shot out of cashing after a -3 final round but this week at Jr Worlds...:eek:

https://www.pdga.com/2019juniorworlds/news/day-one-wrap-up
Despite the redesign, there were no complaints and the Junior 18 & Under boys joined by the Junior 15 & Under boys flew through the course with ease. It was especially easy for Arlinghaus it seems. He opened the round with seven birdies on the first eight holes and finished with an additional six more on the back nine. Combined with one bogey and three pars, two of which were uncharacteristic missed birdie putts inside the circle, Arlinghaus went on to finish the round with a 12-under par 43, a score that was six or more better than anyone else on the card.
He's shot 1007 1039 so far and has a 5 stroke lead after round2...

To start today's round, he took a birdie 4 on the 1000ft+ opening hole at Emporia CC..

Last edited:
Gannon Buhr in the Junior under 15 is rated 986!! . .i can´t find any player in the Junior under 18 division rated that high

Last weekend 15 year old Noah Smithson won the British Open with a 915 rating at the time. Noah is developing in to the real deal, about to hit a growth spurt and a superb mental game and attitude.

What's better than that is the last three British Open champions have now been 15.

Blaer Orn Asgeirsson in 2018 and Declan Bransby in 2017, unfortunately Declan got a bad knee injury from rugby which has kept him out of the game for a year and a half otherwise he'd be 1000 rated plus by now. Blaer came second to Declan in 2017 as a 14 year old after winning the Bluebell Woods Euro event a couple of weeks before.

You might have seen Blaer on CCDG a couple of years ago keeping up with Barsby and Philo, kids seriously good, we've got him on camera again for last months Quarry Park Open Euro Tour and his run of chain tickling ace runs and one of his shots in the final blew my tiny little mind (uphill over the top of tall mature trees 125 meter hyzer bomb that must have played close to 160 meters with the height it got if not more and he almost aced it. Love his attitude to the sport and in general. In fact all three kids mentioned above are superb, likeable, humble and fun to be around.

I'm certain that the only reason Blaer isn't 1000 rated currently is because of a big Icelandic ratings inflation caused by a fast rapidly developing pool of players playing in a pretty closed environment. His team mate Mikael Mani Freyson of around the same age is very good too but doesn't have quite as good a mental game yet.

:eek:

Looks like Zach is trying to pull a "Mcbeth" at Jones East... 1 par, 6 birds and an eagle. -8 thru 8 holes and now has a 10 shot lead...

According to the day2 wrap up story on the PDGA site, yesterday was Zach's 16 bday...

That would be one heck of a Bday present...

This kid keeps getting better and better.

ffe58a13ff6d4fc2c214b26605bc5f86.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This kid keeps getting better and better.

ffe58a13ff6d4fc2c214b26605bc5f86.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Probably gonna grow up thinking he's God's gift to humanity. #peaked

All kidding aside, that's awesome. A 14 year old at 1000 rated? will he be rated 2000 by age 28?

Arlinghaus is up to 991. He should be hitting 1k before too long...

Its crazy to think these kids are averaging 40-50pts higher than my best round, lol...

Aaron Devries (62322) is now at 992. I think he's 17 still.

Looking at his PDGA page, he only has 1 update ever where his rating fell more than 2 points (963 to 957 in Aug 2017). It's been a steady climb for over 4 years.

Not a young gun, but someone relatively new to competitive disc golf is Andrew Brown from Madison, WI. He is about 35 (I think 36) and former world-class Ultimate player. He casually played disc golf for years with just an Aviar and Roc. He only started playing competitive disc golf a few years ago and is now the second highest rated player in Wisconsin at 1013.