• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Your Greatest AHA! Moment in Disc Golf

When I realized you could release the disc at different angles. I basically learned how to anhyzer a disc. Changed everything. Dropped at least 5 shots/round. The second was realizing that putting is all about confidence. Practicing putts you can make is huge.

Ive as many A HA moments as OH **** moments....

Hyzer Flip-still working on it but now I understand how the pros throw so much further than me

Wind-this site really clarified how wind affects flight for me

Disc Flight-once I understood the engineering I could finally feel like I understood the game

Do what works for you.....I actually followed Climo around one day and he graciously gave me putting advice....I tried to putt like the champ for 4 yrs but one day just messing around found a follow through that worked for me and realized I did not have Orangutan Hands and Arsenio Hall fingers and it was best to use what works for me

Lighter Weight Overstable Uphills-Duh!

Throw low in the woods to minimize error-duh!

Thick Rimmed Drivers Skip hard left!

Flexibility, proper form and Snap beats strength everytime-this one frustrates me as I am 6'3 250 and can bench press well over 300 pounds and can curl 90 lb dumbells with one arm but can't compete with the 150 skinny stoners at doubles!

There are so many to choose from what a thread this is,,,The greatest Aha moment for me though was learning to keep my off arm tucked close to my body to increase arm speed!

Last edited:
For me it was when I finally understood what the "hit" felt like, and then I started getting much better spin.

The Hit

Care to elaborate on what the hit feels like? I'm a new player, trying to figure out proper form, but it seems like most of the time I don't understand what people are talking about on this forum. Too much jargon for a new guy to grasp.

My greatest moment so far (which is only like 6-7 rounds of play) was last week when I somehow managed to drive about 325-350' on #12 at my home course, Deming Park in Terre Haute. Don't know how I did it, but my LHBH throw with a 172g Leopard faded gently to the left instead of my normal long fade to the right (?). Anyway, it was easily my best drive and made me feel like an actual disc golfer, instead of some chump throwing plastic...haha!

Of course, I then somehow managed to botch two easy putts after a decent approach. Back to normal, I guess.

Last edited:
I have two:

The day I tried a Wraith and the day I tried someones Titanic. Never looked back

I finally had one today!! I went to East Roswell Park to practice superclass for a tourney in a couple weeks and I was doing absolutely horrendous. I was ready to throw them in the woods and go to a bar when I started really flick my wrist way harder than I usually do. All of a sudden I went from a 100' hyzery slop fest to a 200' sidearm drive with a frickin' trash can lid!!!

Wooohooo!!!!

Get a DX in the upper 150s to low 160's. Once they get beat in, they will go straight for you.

For me the pro wraiths go really nice and straight after a little beating, and seem to hold it a little longer than the dx before getting really flippy, but the dx and pro wraiths are definitely easier to get going straight than any of the expensive plastic ones.

For me the pro wraiths go really nice and straight after a little beating, and seem to hold it a little longer than the dx before getting really flippy, but the dx and pro wraiths are definitely easier to get going straight than any of the expensive plastic ones.

I agree. I have several DX Wraiths, a Champ and two star, and the Champ and star are much more overstable and fade hard. I have a 161 DX that I can hyzer flip nicely.

I agree. I have several DX Wraiths, a Champ and two star, and the Champ and star are much more overstable and fade hard. I have a 161 DX that I can hyzer flip nicely.

I've got a champ Wraith that has beat in very nicely. Will turn over if thrown flat.

I just got a champ wraith so the beating will commence soon.

You may start beating it soon, but it won't get fully beat for quite some time, but hey, that's the way the ladies like it.

Other than my one ace it happened on Tuesday when I was playing with a guy from the forum here. He goes by swellerdiscgolf.

Number 17 at Newport News has the trees in all the wrong places for me (actaully any trees are in the wrong place:rolleyes:) but it was especially bad that day because I got a terrible case of grip lock and sent one flying to the right. My up was about 150 to 175 feet. All open but a long way. I took my CRO ( the disc I had my ace with ) and let her go with a little hyzer on end (nothing holds a line like the CRO). It went straight out and right at the end turned left and went right in. I jumped up and hollered. My thought was AHA I got you anyway! That basket and me have a running feud. But I got the better of it this time.

Changing my putting grip. One time I just held it different for sh!ts and giggles. I started making about half the putts I used to miss within 50ft. Still feels awkward to hold, but I can't argue with the results when I throw.

Latest posts