• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Z-Boaz weekly mini info + Z-Boaz Open news

Saturday: Mostly sunny, with a high near 87. South southwest wind between 10 and 15 mph.

Saturday Night: Mostly clear, with a low around 71. South wind between 10 and 15 mph.

Sunday: A 20 percent chance of showers and thunderstorms after 1pm. Mostly sunny, with a high near 85. South wind around 15 mph, with gusts as high as 25 mph.

AWESOME!

This is good news! See you all tomorrow! :hfive:

Ok, let's talk about the game for a minute. HOLY FECKING BAGGER CITY! I must admit: I put some of these guys up to it.

Taking the Recreational division by 6 strokes, and with an rating avg of 925: my friend Nathan Wangler. We knew he was wrecing rec before it started. His first sanctioned event, and is a PDGA member, he gets the one time free ticket. We will not let him wreck it up again. Way to go. One other mentionable in Rec: Our very own KDankn joined the PDGA and played his first rated rounds. With an 824 avg, you did well. It's a hard course you are only beginning to familiarize with. You'll only go up. Good job.

Chris Carpenter destroys the Intermediate divion by 6 strokes as well. His second round an ASTOUNDING 999 rating, he finished his first ever sanctioned event as the winner and a PDGA member with an avg of 972. Admitting once again: I put him up to it. Knowing he was at least going to be a contender, I did not expect him to crush us that well. He too, must move up and get the hell out of my division. DGCR notables in this division are TxDiscGolfBoy taking 6th place, Adhalla taking 9th, and myself finishing the last paying spot, at 14th.

Walter Rayburn of Denton takes Advanced Grandmasters.

Local boy Eric Dodson pulls a come from behind win in Advanced, keeping it local.

Masters also stayed local, and the win went to Brad Bishop... who I might add just had a baby last night. Double congrats to Brad!

The beautiful Liz Lopez utterly DESTROYS Open Women! Largely due to intermidiates stepping up to Open to make for a larger pot, and a much better game. We needed four women for the skins match. And that's what we got. JenB did very well! She played her rating, and had an awesome skins match with local pro Miles Seaborn, the team taking $500. YOU GO GIRL!

Local pro Miles Seaborn saves the day on Sunday with a PHENOMENAL 1077 rating for the last round. If you know this course, the final round is long/long and HARD HARD HARD. Getting a 1077 has to be a record for this course on that format. WAY TO GO BRO!

So the locals take 5 of the 7 divisions! There were some threats to not allow this, but we came thru. Good job to every one. See ya next year!

I agree kenny, HAlf the intermediate field should have played advanced. It sucked we only had like 12 guys in advanced and intermediate had like 40. Slappy would have cashed in open.....Nathan playing rec was his one free pass he too needs to move to advanced. Oh and both patricks in ma2 are advanced level. I played awful but i had a blast, next year will be my year.

I heard nathan was doing some stupid shiii that would of got him DQed had he been playing with any field but rec. There is no room for that in a sanctioned event.

I played horrible. Yet my rating will go up 5 points. I missed 95% of my putts. At least half of which banged the chains and bounced out. Which is why I'm bouncing my Ions out of my bag. For now at least. I donno... see how this experiment with the BBs goes. Or other factors.

Will have a talk with Nate.

Last edited:
i planned on coming out day 2 and supporting, however i stayed up entirely too late. woke up around 2 in the afternoon hungover lol. ehh oh well it appears everyone had a good time....

yeah, gimme a minute. If you're on facebook, friend Ken Jackson. If not... might take a few to get the 750 photos on Photobucket. PB would be high res, better images anyhow.