• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Z Crush experiences

xare

Birdie Member
So I finally went out to the field today to get in some practice throws - I took an ESP Force (175g), R-Pro Boss (156g), Z Crush (171g), ESP Flick (150g), and a SOLS (175g). The Z Crush outdrove everything else by at least 30', although all 5 discs made it to at least the 300' mark.

That isn't quite why I'm so impressed with the Z Crush... I was hyzer-flipping the R-Pro Boss to about 330' but it was going up around 30' in the air. ESP Force was being flexed out to around 320' and getting to about 20' in the air as well. SOLS thrown flat would go about 300', although it was getting about 10' off the ground. The ESP Flick was going 320' as well, thrown flat - which was probably most surprising of all that I could throw the 150g Flick RHBH, flat, and get 320' with it (the 175g Flick, I could barely throw 150' with) - getting up to about 20' in the air also...

The Z Crush, thrown flat, was pretty much lasered about 350' every time to where I was aiming, not rising more than 5' off the ground. I'm pretty shocked by that and now I've got a new driver to test for tunnel drives.

Is this the normal flight path for the Z Crush? It has a fade to it at the end, but does it normally fly about 5' off of the ground, straight until about 20' before the landing?

(In other news, I've removed the SOLS and the ESP Force from my bag, while the Z Force has made its way into there for now, along with the R-Pro Boss. (surprisingly))

Any love for the Z Crush out there? Hate?

Looking to deal that ESP force? I recently got a few z crushes, but haven't thrown them much yet. I'll try to remember to hit this thread back up after I get more familiar with them.

Much, much love for the Z Crush. Have it and an ESP one in my bag.
It is my go to driver, for sure. Highly controllable, like you said.

Guy I disc often with uses a Yellow 175 Z Crush Forehand with surgical precision. Like you said, laZers. He also flex's it to weave through old growth trees with good results. Seems to be a very dependable overstable disc.

I have a sweet Fly-dyed Z Crush that I found (uninked) in the rough.

It has quickly become my main driver for long bombs.

Sounds like the Z Crush is like a really long TL but I don't ever hear anything about it. And, sorry but not doing any trades at the moment, but in a few months, might be ready to trade again. In the meantime, I'll keep using the Z Crush to see if it's as good as it appears to be!

Crush's are a great overstable disc when new, but when they get beat in they make perfect max d s turn discs, kind of like an Orc or something. Love them when they are new, when they get beat in I already have enough of those understable discs.

Latest posts