• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Zen and the Art of Disc Golf

Did I ever tell you about the time Bill Brasky forced me to wear a woman's bikini? Well anyway, Brasky tears off my clothes and forces me to wear this skimpy bikini. For the next three months I had to conduct my business wearing only a woman's bathing suit. I would cry from shame and question my manhood daily, but Ill be damned if at the end of the quarter my sales hadn't tripled.

Uh, who's Bill Brasky?

Edit: nevermind. Wiki to the rescue.

Got any good stories about him?
Did I ever tell you about the time Brasky was in a production of, 'The King & I?' On opening night, Brasky chloroforms the entire cast and slowly eats them in front of the audience for two hours.

The production got pretty good reviews.

He makes every woman that sleeps with him refer to him as Bear Bryant.

Getting back on topic... hint hint.

I have played football until I was 24 and I have played several other sports. Being in the "zone" or alpha waves or hyper focused is something I believe can be taught. I found that this kind of self discipline is possible and has helped me over achieve in areas many thought I would fail in.

It is hardest to accomplish when life is really heavy. With practice the focus becomes longer lasting.

Being in the "zone" or alpha waves or hyper focused is something I believe can be taught. I found that this kind of self discipline is possible

It is hardest to accomplish when life is really heavy. With practice the focus becomes longer lasting.

So true. The weight of life on my shoulders or lack thereof, is usually pretty congruent to my attitude and how well I shoot.

An update on how I did. I was able to putt well in the first round with a song "stuck" in my head, not sure if I was producing alpha waves or not, but I was 6 for 6 from 30' to 40'. The putts that I missed that round were a 15' uphill, a 20' flat, and a couple of 42' to 45'ers. I couldn't get it going the second or third rounds, I made 1 50'er, and the longest besides that was about 30'.

I think my next step is to buy an mp3 player (never had need for one before now) and listen to music while playing and see if that helps.

Latest posts