• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Zippo hand warmer

They used to have a knock-off at restoration hardware for cheap. I bought a few 5 or so year ago. They work just as well as the jon-e stove or zippo models. Not sure if they still have them, though.

I want one of these. I play a lot of early morning rounds(family man)even in the winter and it actually gets pretty cold in Alabama.. at least for me :)

so when u guys say it lasts a certain amnt of hours, is that the fuel, or am I missing something? Wondering why ppl would buy multiples of these....

Its cold here now, I need em...

I like to have extras to offer to my buddies...just like with the disposable hand warmers. It is also nice to have one for both jacket pockets. I know you only need 1 warm throwing hand, but sometimes every bit of warmth helps on those extra cold days.

Damn, ran out of edit time. I've had these (the restoration hardware ones) since last year. to answer some questions, and give a few thoughts:
The more oxygen they get, the hotter they burn. The included pouch acts as an O2 limiter.
To extinguish, as some have noted, take the top off (with gloves or somesuch, its HOT) and flip the burner off until it cools. To quicken this, place the base in the snow where it can cool faster (but don't let water get in!
The fuel is consumed in gas form. The initial fumes/heat warm up the whole thing, which evaporates the fluid faster. As a result, if you leave these in your car in the winter, they will take MUCH longer to start due to the cases being ice cold. Heat in up in your pocket on the way to the course or infront of the heater vent, it will make starting it up WAY easier. Same goes for the fluid if you want to leave it in the car.
I've had one of mine go out on the course and when its cold, it sucks to get lit. Put it in the pouch with the other to 'prime' it.
Get a small candle lighter, the kind with a handle. Makes holding and relighting the lighter without burning yourself way better.
For those who haven't jumped on the band wagon, one warning, is that when these burn, they do give off a slight odor or gas.

If I think of any more tips, I'll post 'em

^ great info, thanks for sharing!
so when u guys say it lasts a certain amnt of hours, is that the fuel, or am I missing something? Yep, stays warm until fuel runs out or you remove the burner.

Wondering why ppl would buy multiples of these...
Two hands, two pockets...for me that means two warmers.

The funniest part is platinum catalyst hand warmers have been around for decades...
correctamundo!
I didn't know about them eaither, but this guy at work said they've been around for yeeeeaaaarrrs.

Last edited:
I read on the reviews that if they are not getting hot enough for your liking - burn em a couple times start to finish to break in the heating element.

Anyone else order from amazon and take along time getting them. I ordered 2 warmers and 2 burners. Got the 2 burners but no warmers yet. They had to be shipped in 2 packages but damn its been 2 weeks alreaady and no shipping info on the warmers yet.

Anyone else order from amazon and take along time getting them. I ordered 2 warmers and 2 burners. Got the 2 burners but no warmers yet. They had to be shipped in 2 packages but damn its been 2 weeks alreaady and no shipping info on the warmers yet.

Mine arrived on the day that Amazon shipping predicted. Mine both came in 1 package though so I dunno why yours is in 2. You should be able to track them online, right?

Ya tracked my burners but still havent got a tracking number for the warmers