• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Discraft] Zone- Which plastic fits the bill?

You're describing an impossibility. :-D You want an overstable mold to be not as overstable out of the box in premium plastic, plus it shouldn't skip much despite being premium plastic. Seems to be too many wishes combined.

If you want less ground play, you gotta take non-premium plastic, for less overstability as well ... because that beats in.

IMO the point you should think about is the beating in: Does it really have to keep the out-of-the-box flight, or could it also keep some beat-in flight for a long time? A Jawbreaker Zone, for instance, will beat in initially but then keep the slight overstability for a long time. Other grippy mid-grade plastics are probably similar.

If you want premium plastic and few ground play and not that much overstability, maybe rather get a Berg instead. ;-) What I want to say: Why do you want a Zone, when it doesn't really fit the wishes you have?

Yes, I get the feeling the real question is "what feels like a zone, flies like a less OS zone, and has little ground play in a premium plastic?". The answer is something that isn't a zone.

Yes, I get the feeling the real question is "what feels like a zone, flies like a less OS zone, and has little ground play in a premium plastic?". The answer is something that isn't a zone.

Or buy a used premium plastic Zone. :D

Good luck getting somebody to part with one they have spent years getting into the desired condition. 2015 Ledgestone Cryztal Flx Zone owner here. :hfive: