• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Other] Clash Discs

I gave the Mint a good couple of weeks in the bag to test out. It's not something that works for me. I feel like it's the worst kind of in between of a breaker and quake - it has more glide than either, less hss/torque resistance than either, and fades harder and wants more power than a breaker. I wanted to check it out to see if I could consolidate a couple of slots in my bag, but it's not going to stick.

If you're looking for a longer, slightly glidey-er zone, the Mint is probably something that should be on your radar.

So today the Lotus in SB dropped. . but 10day ago PDGA approved a retooled Lotus. .two different moulds??

And soon they will drop the Cinnemon with similar flight numbers. .

So what to get if i want a slot between the SODA and COOKIE?

Tried a Honey out for the first time a couple days ago. Unknown weight. Feels like 170ish. Fairly flat. Little (if any) dome.

Very similar to an Enigma, Shryke, or Corvette. The Honey will turn fairly easily if thrown hard and flat or slightly hyzer. It has enough late fade to bring it back toward center late in flight. Overall it's a pretty decent driver, but I feel like it lacks glide somewhat. The Honey dies about 30' short of the Enigma and Corvette despite having a very similar looking flight. The disc loses momentum late in flight and limply looks for the ground.

Honey: 12, 4, -2, 3. Lack of glide and dumpy late fade knock the overall distance of this disc down a bit. It has a good "beat Destroyer" type flight, and is consistent. I just feel like the Enigma does this same flight, but much better.

Does anybody have any comments on the sunny plastic yet? Is it like Mint Discs eternal?
Haven't grabbed any Clash discs yet but have an eye on the Soda and the Lotus. Have 7-speeds covered so I am a bit more curious about the Lotus for now.

Does anybody have any comments on the sunny plastic yet? Is it like Mint Discs eternal?
Haven't grabbed any Clash discs yet but have an eye on the Soda and the Lotus. Have 7-speeds covered so I am a bit more curious about the Lotus for now.

Felt the Sunny this weekend. Feels a lot like the Discmania Neo plastic in my opinion. I've never held any Mint plastic, so I can't compare.

Also, the Soda is an absolutely amazing hyzerflip machine. Especially in the woods whenever you need to carve lines.

I picked up a couple of SDGO stamped Steady Salts hoping to have Destroyer-like flight with the nice grip of the Clash plastic. Two of the discs turned out to be pretty much that, with perhaps even slightly more overstable flight than my Destroyers.

However, the other two Salts turned out to be very understable. After throwing them in the field I took some photos of the side profile and they seem like different discs altogether. The understable Salts also weighed ~180 grams which is a surprisingly large number for distance drivers. The stable ones were within the typical range (~175-176g).

I'm wondering if these are not in fact Salts, but some more understable mold and they were sold under the Salt name by accident. Or maybe some factory seconds were slapped this special run stamp and sold as regulars.

Attachments

• salts.png
    salts.png
    2.4 MB · Views: 0
  • stable-salt-destroyer.png
    stable-salt-destroyer.png
  • understable-salt-destroyer.png
    understable-salt-destroyer.png
  • stable-salt-wraith.png
    stable-salt-wraith.png
  • understable-salt-wraith.png
    understable-salt-wraith.png
I got my first Clash disc in a players pack on Saturday. Cookie in Steady plastic. Straight into the bag. A Teebird clone that feels much better in my hand and can handle a good bit more torque than the Teebirds/Explorers I've tossed. Initially impressed.

Just got my first ever Clash Discs disc today in the mail from OTB: a Lotus in Steady plastic (174g). Could not get out and try it out today as it was raining steadily in my area all day, of course. Anybody here throw the Lotus yet? I believe there is a Nate Perkins SB version too.

Attachments

• 1014231644.jpg
    1014231644.jpg
    672.1 KB · Views: 0
Anyone tried the putter Candy? On some site they say it's a narrower profile than the pop corn but the total height is 2.3cm vs 1.90 for the pop corn.

Look out MVP. . is this the "new gyro" tech?

"The bottom of the rim is made of the stiffer plastic, which makes the disc very torque resistant. The top of the disc is a very grippy premium plastic mixture, which guarantees the best possible feel when throwing in any conditions. TONE technology combines the best properties of two different plastics in a completely new way with 3-dimensional appearance. This additionally accelerates the disc's spin speed during throws. All these elements collectively enhance the disc, unlocking its peak performance potential"

So they're adding a plastic type? That's the hype train?

Leaves Anttila on the table...

So they're adding a plastic type? That's the hype train?

Leaves Anttila on the table...
Sounds more like a new way to make discs, a heavy stiff rim and then mould the top in a softer plastic, ,

Does the PDGA rules say anything WHAT that stiff rim part can be made of?

I like that Clash is actually trying things. I kind of miss the old days of wacky stuff coming from Quest, or Vibram with the rubber, or MVP with the overmolding.

Sounds more like a new way to make discs, a heavy stiff rim and then mould the top in a softer plastic, ,

Does the PDGA rules say anything WHAT that stiff rim part can be made of?
from tech standards:

"(2) be made of solid, non-magnetic plastic material, without any inflatable components. Electronic components may be embedded/inserted with none of its metal components externally exposed. "

I'm really eyeballing the Spice since it seems like a great contender to fill the slightly straighter and longer complement to my Flare/Firebird. What are the stability compared to something like a PD, Thundy, Felon, Anax etc?

I'm also planning to try some more Clash molds since I haven't thrown any and they seem to be of high quality. What are some molds to try?

I fondled some Tone discs the other day, they're pretty weird. Feels kind of like an undermold, so to speak; the entire underside of the rim seems to be made of a different plastic blend.

I'm not sure how it'll hold up, I could easily see it coming loose after a few rock hits, but I'm sure time will tell.

My friend who threw a few said they flew a bit more understable for him, but his technique isn't the best.

I'm interested in trying out the Popcorn, since Bullets are becoming increasingly harder to find and now Clash is carried locally.

Any comparisons of the Popcorn with other lower profile putters? Ie Pure, Bullet, Warden, etc?

I was able to get my hands on a Popcorn and a Fudge in store, and I'm way more interested in the Fudge now. Low profile but small bead that I can't really feel at all with my grip. Flat top with a fairly square shoulder. All things that I like. I will probably pick a pair up to mess with, since I don't have to worry about restocking like I do with bullets (can't even find a max weight matching pair to rotate in for spring)

I know that's one of the newer releases, but I can't find much of anything about the Hardy Fudge. Not super interested in the Steady plastic since I carry Breakers for stable throwing putters.

Got to throw a prototype Guava and a base plastic (Hardy, I think?) Berry the other day.

The Guava was niiice, fairly narrow diameter for a mid, kinda fast-ish, not deep. Flew really straight and ended with a reliable fade, felt like a classic 5502 disc, md3 or beefy buzzz/emac truth/reactor type flight, more "modern" than the md3/buzzz/emac truth, but not as shallow and narrow diameter as the reactor. Didn't get a chance to throw it forehand, but I imagine it'll do better than most not-OS mids.

The Hardy Berry was a little bit beat in but not a lot, felt very much like an XT Mako3 in the hand, definitely flew pretty understable and I can imagine it turning into a great hyzerflip to turn disc with some wear.

Latest posts